OBC with three different accounts - who gets it?

jtonra

I just got an early saver acknowledgement and accompanying on-board credit for an upcoming cruise. The cabin in question has four people in it on three different on-board accounts? Anyone know if / how they will divide up the OBC?

If you booked directly through Carnival it wont be a problem. If you booked through another TA you will have to take a copy of your receipt showing OBC when you get on the ship and have it applied to the separate accounts. At least that is how we had to handle it in December...

We have Carnival split it up before we cruise, or once onboard if it's showing under the cabin or one person's name, we have guest services split it up accordingly. Sometimes OBC's don't get transferred to the ship til after/at the time of sailing, and don't show up on the account/folio until later that night or the next day, so keep your receipts/notices of OBC or FSD's!!!

I used a TA for my cruise in Feb of this year, and we had a price drop that resulted in $150 total in on board credit. The credit was applied to my account, as I was the primary person on the reservation. For us it didn't matter, though, since I was cruising with my boyfriend and we were all on one credit card anyway.

After your TA submits the price drop form, you can print your cruise docs from the Carnival website. The on board credit will show on the cruise documents.

A note: Be sure to print the cruise documents with the amount of the on board credit. We were supposed to have about $150 in credit, but when we got on the ship, we only had about $135. I was able to bring the cruise docs to the pursers desk and have the extra $15 added to my Sail and Sign.

Archived