Anyone use CruiseOne excursions instead of using the cruise line?

bl1ntze

We are going to Naples/Capri, Civitavecchia (Rome), Florence, Cannes and Marseilles. Has anyone used CruiseOne or PortCompass to book tours in these ports?

I am curious as to how they compare to the cruise line sponsored tours.

Thanks!

I have never heard of them. Go back to the main Ports page for Europe, look to the right of the blue bar near the top of the page for the Search option and do a search.

You will find that many people have arranged for private tours in all the ports. If you go down through the posts under these ports you will find many comments about various tour companies.

Well CruiseOne is the travel agency my TA works through, and I've never had a problem booking my cruises with her. On my upcoming Alaska cruise, in June, I've booked three excursions with them, so I don't have the experience of excursions yet, but there is a cost savings.

Obviously they're a travel agency and don't do shore excursions. If you get one of "their" excursions you're actually getting it through Port Promotions which has been around quite a few years and is very reputable.

Comparing the agency's offerings to those you can get directly through the Port Promotions web site it seems you can quite often (but not always) get a better price by booking it direct. Sometimes the difference is just a couple of bucks and maybe not worth worrying about but sometimes it's enough that I would definitely consider cutting out the middleman.

I am a CruiseOne agent. Port Promotions is not our preferred vendor of shore excursions. Shore Excursion Group is. They are reputable and reliable. You an see their offerings by going to any CruiseOne agent's website, or the corporate site and going to "Before You Board" and then "Shore Excursions." A new window will open with information about SEG.

I am a CruiseOne agent. Port Promotions is not our preferred vendor of shore excursions. Shore Excursion Group is.

Yes, that's the name on my Shore Excursion E-Ticket.

Archived