Disney excursion

Dave994

We did it once on an NCL cruise that stopped at Port Canaveral. We rented a car (I believe they had a shuttle at the ship to take us to the rental place, and vice versa). It takes a good hour to drive from Canaveral to WDW, so if you allow a good 2 1/2 hours to get back you should be ok. We have never done it as a ship sponsored tour, I'm sure it would cost more but at least you could be sure you won't miss the ship!

You may want to elaborate on this one....?

Is it in FL? CA?

I have never heard of a Carnival "Disney" excursion... sounds like a cool idea though !

Sorry. Florida. We have done Disney before as a family, so it would just be a "hit the highlights" day.

Do you save much doing it solo? Seems like the hassle isn't worth it.

The bus gets you there before rope drop. and you get to stay until the parade is over-- then make your way to the bus.

--

We did this and sea world- sea world for the excursion was a better choice.

The bus gets you there before rope drop. and you get to stay until the parade is over-- then make your way to the bus.

--

We did this and sea world- sea world for the excursion was a better choice.

Thanks Serene! I am a huge Disney fan. Ran the Marathon there twice. Love every bit of Disney :)

We did it once on an NCL cruise that stopped at Port Canaveral. We rented a car (I believe they had a shuttle at the ship to take us to the rental place, and vice versa). It takes a good hour to drive from Canaveral to WDW, so if you allow a good 2 1/2 hours to get back you should be ok. We have never done it as a ship sponsored tour, I'm sure it would cost more but at least you could be sure you won't miss the ship!

we just had a friend pick us up at the port, and we spent the day at the park. then he drove us back.

It takes a little over an hour by the time they get you to the park...and then you are back at the ship about an hour before you board...it should tell you what the excursion lenght is, so factor that in minus about 2.5 hours for travel time...

We did this once on NCL and it was not worth it. I find it best to rent a car and go to Discovery Cove or even Universal, these are smaller and you can see more in the time that you have there. Speeding through Disney is not a lot of fun, especially having to be checking the time the whole day...

It takes a little over an hour by the time they get you to the park...and then you are back at the ship about an hour before you board...it should tell you what the excursion lenght is, so factor that in minus about 2.5 hours for travel time...

We did this once on NCL and it was not worth it. I find it best to rent a car and go to Discovery Cove or even Universal, these are smaller and you can see more in the time that you have there. Speeding through Disney is not a lot of fun, especially having to be checking the time the whole day...

Thanks. I don't intend on speeding through Disney. I would look at doing a highlight tour so to speak of our favorite things at magic kingdom. Pre-plan what shows and what rides to do and stay true to that as best I could.

we just had a friend pick us up at the port, and we spent the day at the park. then he drove us back.

That is a good deal! My worry is traffic would be bad and we would miss the boat. This way I know we are safe with carnival.

Thanks. I don't intend on speeding through Disney. I would look at doing a highlight tour so to speak of our favorite things at magic kingdom. Pre-plan what shows and what rides to do and stay true to that as best I could.

This would be the only way to really do it in that time period. Just make sure you loop around so when it is close to time to leave you are near the front, friends of ours did something like this but found themselves back by Fantasy land when it was time to go and had to make a run for the gate to make it to the bus on time...

Fo someone like you that has been to Disney this is fine, but someone who wants to see the park and see everything, there is no way this would work for them in this time period...

That is a good deal! My worry is traffic would be bad and we would miss the boat. This way I know we are safe with carnival.

You are always safer with Carnival...going this distance it is a good idea to use them, we only rent a car and go to the other parks because they don't offer all of the other parks...

the good thing is the locals know the way around the bee line.

you say you're a disney fan, but would you consider seaworld?

Something I didn't see unless I missed it was, what time of year would you be doing this. You said you had been there before so I am sure you are aware that at certain times of year, even with the best planning, you wouldn't be able to do as much as other times of the year. I would have to take that into consideration about if it would be worth the price of admission (which is up to about $90.00/day with tax).

Gregg

the good thing is the locals know the way around the bee line.

you say you're a disney fan, but would you consider seaworld?

Ummm. I suppose. The other thing would be the Harry potter thing at universal as my dw and ds are big into HP.

I did seaworld as a kid with my parents. Only thing I remember is the giant inflatable Shamu I got. :)

Something I didn't see unless I missed it was, what time of year would you be doing this. You said you had been there before so I am sure you are aware that at certain times of year, even with the best planning, you wouldn't be able to do as much as other times of the year. I would have to take that into consideration about if it would be worth the price of admission (which is up to about $90.00/day with tax).

Gregg

Sorry. It would be early November. Crowds shouldn't be to bad. We pull the kids out of school.

I usually go in January for the marathon.

Sorry. It would be early November. Crowds shouldn't be to bad. We pull the kids out of school.

I usually go in January for the marathon.

Perfect time. Weather will not be to hot and crowds will be small. The last time we did DW was mid Nov 2010 as a mini family reunion. My brother, SIL and 2 small children (3&1) were coming off a Disney cruise on a Thursday morning and meeting Me, my DD & DS and their dates at the park. By noon, we had done all the 'adult' items without ever having to use the fast pass once. We then had the rest of the afternoon to spend with them in the kiddie zones.

Gregg

For the price of the excursion- which includes the ticket to the park i feel its a good value-- it includes the transportation. Picks you up right there and drops you back off.

Ummm. I suppose. The other thing would be the Harry potter thing at universal as my dw and ds are big into HP.

I did seaworld as a kid with my parents. Only thing I remember is the giant inflatable Shamu I got. :)

If you have not seen the Harry Potter world I would probably do that, it is pretty cool. With the fast pass you should be able to get through the entire Universal Studios without missing much...and not sure how old your kids are but Discovery Cove is an amazing experience and this stop gives you plenty of time to do it...

Hi there! We did an excursion for Magic Kingdom for the day while we cruised on the Pride. It was great, it left us wanting more of DisneyWorld!

Here's what I can tell you about our day, if you have any questions I can try to answer them for you.

Our cruise ship arrived in Port Canaveral early in the morning. We got off the ship at either 8am or 9am sorry I don't remember exactly. But I do remember that it took about an hour from the port to the park and we arrived when it just opened. We went outside of the cruise terminal and there was a transportation area where there were several coach buses waiting to take people to different theme parks. We had a great day at Disney, we wish we could have been there longer. We had to be back at the Disney transportation area at 4:30pm to board the bus to go back to the ship. If you plan to go, I would suggest you make a list before you go of the rides you want to go on and visit them first. Throughout the day the park gets busy and wait times for rides can be very long and you may not have time to go on it. Make sure you don't miss the Disney parade on Main St. I think at 3pm? You can get a park map. It was our fist time at Disney as a family, and we had a terrific time. :)

Hi there! We did an excursion for Magic Kingdom for the day while we cruised on the Pride. It was great, it left us wanting more of DisneyWorld!

Thanks so much for your quickie review. I've been following this thread because we are almost 99% sure we're taking our 4 year old niece and nephew to MK as their gift for being RB and FG in our wedding. I'm glad to know it worked out for someone because every time I read the Carnival WDW threads everyone says, "don't do it!". We are also looking for the highlights tour as we've been to Disney before.

Thanks so much for your quickie review. I've been following this thread because we are almost 99% sure we're taking our 4 year old niece and nephew to MK as their gift for being RB and FG in our wedding. I'm glad to know it worked out for someone because every time I read the Carnival WDW threads everyone says, "don't do it!". We are also looking for the highlights tour as we've been to Disney before.

Agree. Great review. Thanks! I have been to Disney 5 times and although there is still lots to see, I know I will see it eventually :)

I will be sure to plan it out and have the day mapped out. My DW loves doing stuff like that.

This trip will be a ultimate cruise for us. Knocking off a few of our fav things. Start with a night in NY and shopping, then a 8 day cruise with Disney in the middle. Plus we are renewing our vows. Lots to plan according to the DW. I just need to plan my drinks :)

Archived