Disney excursion

Dave994

Just my 2 cents...all ears is a great site for planning disney

If you went to Epcot...you could do test track...Earth...Soarin...maybe a few other rides...the World showcase opens at 11...you could see most from 11-3:45...if the bus leaves at 4:30

If you have been to Disney 5 times...you can do the highlights in the time alloted with some good planning

Just my 2 cents...all ears is a great site for planning disney

If you went to Epcot...you could do test track...Earth...Soarin...maybe a few other rides...the World showcase opens at 11...you could see most from 11-3:45...if the bus leaves at 4:30

If you have been to Disney 5 times...you can do the highlights in the time alloted with some good planning

Love all Ears!

I think we will do Magic Kingdom instead of the other parks. It holds a special place for me and memories from my childhood. County bear jamboree, it's a small world, ect... Are why I love going to Disney. New stuff is cool too though :)

My favorite Disney thing is the Festival of the Lion king in animal kingdom. That will have to wait for another trip.

I am planning this excursion for when we cruise out of New York. The kids love Disney and I love cruising, so it seems like the perfect combo. I am only considering the excursion booked through Carnival instead of renting a car since I expect the boat to wait for me if I am stuck on the beeline in their excursion van with 30 other people.

LOVE allears. I am wdwfreak there:cool:

OP, Thunder mtn railroad is now under a huge refurb, so it should be pretty cool to see what they have done when you go! Also as you may know, Toontown fair is no more and they are building TONS of new stuff back there. Beasts castle with a new dining venue, a Little mermaid ride, Seven dwarfs Minetrain ride, etc.. It should be done by the time you get there!! ENJOY! I have to wait until Jan 2013:(

Sorry. It would be early November. Crowds shouldn't be to bad. We pull the kids out of school.

I usually go in January for the marathon.

If really early in November, you might also consider one additional event going on during the time of your sailing . . .

Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival

September 28, 2012–November 11, 2012

A food and wine lover's paradise awaits you at Epcot Theme Park with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival

OP, Thunder mtn railroad is now under a huge refurb, so it should be pretty cool to see what they have done when you go! Also as you may know, Toontown fair is no more and they are building TONS of new stuff back there. Beasts castle with a new dining venue, a Little mermaid ride, Seven dwarfs Minetrain ride, etc.. It should be done by the time you get there!! ENJOY! I have to wait until Jan 2013:(

I think the Beasts Castle will be opened by November and they can dine at Be our Guest place by then-- but have not seen those other things opened. or even scehduled. Snow Whites scarey adventure isnt even closed yet to refurbish it for the new ride.

But all of that should be done by 2013.

I think the Beasts Castle will be opened by November and they can dine at Be our Guest place by then-- but have not seen those other things opened. or even scehduled. Snow Whites scarey adventure isnt even closed yet to refurbish it for the new ride.

But all of that should be done by 2013.

Ok I see. I thought I had read that it was all going to be completed in 2012, but I must not have!! I know the things I mentioned are not open yet, none of them. I believe they just opened the "toontown train station" for stops to that area again. I don't know what they are calling it now, but certainly not toontown..:p

If really early in November, you might also consider one additional event going on during the time of your sailing . . .

Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival

September 28, 2012–November 11, 2012

A food and wine lover's paradise awaits you at Epcot Theme Park with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival

Great point!!!

Loved the F&W.....!!!!!!!!!!

We have dvc points...so for us Beach Club only...love that we can walk into Epcot for dinner...walk to Studios.

AK only takes us half day so we usually grab bus to French Quarter...get a drink by the pool....wait for a boat to Downtown for shopping and Earl of Sandwich.

All it takes is a accident to stop you from making it back in time. I live in Melbourne and accidents happen all the time on sr 528

I agree, if I was ever on a cruise again that had this port stop, I would most definitely do the ship sponsored tour vs the rental car. (although I can think of worse places to be left behind!!)

Love all Ears!

I think we will do Magic Kingdom instead of the other parks. It holds a special place for me and memories from my childhood. County bear jamboree, it's a small world, ect... Are why I love going to Disney. New stuff is cool too though :)

My favorite Disney thing is the Festival of the Lion king in animal kingdom. That will have to wait for another trip.

Kind of corny...but we still love those bears!!!

Best shopping in Disney is Main st....IMHO

I agree, if I was ever on a cruise again that had this port stop, I would most definitely do the ship sponsored tour vs the rental car. (although I can think of worse places to be left behind!!)

what happens if your rental car is behind the ships sponsored tourbus in a traffic jam caused by an accident?

:confused:

Ummm. I suppose. The other thing would be the Harry potter thing at universal as my dw and ds are big into HP.

:)

If we ever did a cruise that stopped in PC, this is what we'd do. Dying to see the Harry Potter stuff and whenever we do a Disney trip, we don't want to spend the extra $$ to go to Universal. I also heard about some canoe/manatee excursion that sounded really cool. I love those big guys!

We have dvc points...so for us Beach Club only...love that we can walk into Epcot for dinner...walk to Studios.

AK only takes us half day so we usually grab bus to French Quarter...get a drink by the pool....wait for a boat to Downtown for shopping and Earl of Sandwich.

We have DVC points too and love to stay at BWV for the easy access to Epcot and HS. We've not been able to get into BCV yet, but we keep trying. That's where we want to stay in Aug of 2013. And if we can't, we'll go for the next best and stay at BWV again.

Considering the cost and limited time at the park think it is best to do this as a non cruise related trip.

Our kids have never been there, so for us to be in Orlando and get to visit the Magic Kingdom for even just 1 day it was priceless. It was worth every penny. I would recommend booking it through the ship, everything is taken care of for you. You just have to sit back and enjoy the ride! ;)

We have DVC points too and love to stay at BWV for the easy access to Epcot and HS. We've not been able to get into BCV yet, but we keep trying. That's where we want to stay in Aug of 2013. And if we can't, we'll go for the next best and stay at BWV again.

I wish I had DVC points! Super jealous. I can't get to Disney as often as I would like. But once I retire you can bet the RV will be near Disney a lot!

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and advice!

I wish I had DVC points! Super jealous. I can't get to Disney as often as I would like. But once I retire you can bet the RV will be near Disney a lot!

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and advice!

you can rent peoples points...cheaper than booking rooms in nicer hotels

dis....boards....com

but with the economy the way it is...some promotions like free dining...can`t beat booking the trip through disney

we have only stayed at BC with points in DW

look at Hilton Head....nice...Savannah/Charleston are short drive

We are also looking at Vero

what happens if your rental car is behind the ships sponsored tourbus in a traffic jam caused by an accident?

:confused:

You would still be screwed. The bus would go right to the ship, unload and leave, you still have to take the rental car back and check out and have a shuttle take you to the ship...we have had over 30 minutes waits until we got the shuttle when taking rental cars back...

We are just off the Pride last week. We got into Port Canaveral at 7:00 am. Got some breakfast, walked off the ship with no wait at 8:45. Budget picked us up and took us to their office in Cocoa Beach, signed papers, and on our way to Disney at 9:20. Arrived at Typhoon Lagoon at 10:20. (Took 528 Beeline straight to I-4 to Downtown Disney exit.) Stayed until 3:15, left and stopped at store for some meds and cokes. Made it to Grills seafood on the channel where the ships enter port at 4:30. Had a drink and saw 6 dolphins in the channel. Left Grills at 5:30, dropped off car, and shuttled back to the ship at 6:00. Ship left at 7:00.

Total cost = $40 car, $20 gas, $20 lunch, $8 tolls, free admit to TL with non-expiring ten day plus tickets that came with 10 free waterpark days. This was for 3 people.

i've never been on the Disney Excursion - but I've been to Disney about 15 times in the last 20 years and I don't think a day at Disney is enough, unless there is only one section of a Park you want to see. You need at least a week or more to really enjoy and see Disney. jmho

we have only stayed at BC with points in DW

look at Hilton Head....nice...Savannah/Charleston are short drive

We are also looking at Vero

We are doing Vero this summer...can't wait. We did the HH and loved it so much that we added on points there.

i've never been on the Disney Excursion - but I've been to Disney about 15 times in the last 20 years and I don't think a day at Disney is enough, unless there is only one section of a Park you want to see. You need at least a week or more to really enjoy and see Disney. jmho

if i had a chance to go even for one day---im on it.

As a matter of fact-- my vacation is the last week in august. Flying round trip to aruba for 3 people non stop was gonna cost me 2100 so i looked into a bunch of one way tickets...with a stop over at Disney-staying onsite at Cornada Springs and a one day ticket to magic kingdom- total cost for my round trip flight PLUS my weekend in disney--1800 and some change..

no brainer-- yep, i can do magic kingdom in a day. I wont be able to do it all---but it sure will be magical.

Archived