Need Help with OBC Codes and Unused OBC

Can anyone answer these two questions regarding OBC please?

a. Does anyone know how to intrepret this code from the invoice:

C101-L1 OBC $75

(I redeemed 15,000 visa pts...thought it would say $150 for OBC)

b. If you have ever had leftover OBC at the end of your cruise, how long did it take to have that 'leftover' amount credited back to your credit card?

Thanks very much!:)

Can anyone answer these two questions regarding OBC please?

a. Does anyone know how to intrepret this code from the invoice:

C101-L1 OBC $75

(I redeemed 15,000 visa pts...thought it would say $150 for OBC)

b. If you have ever had leftover OBC at the end of your cruise, how long did it take to have that 'leftover' amount credited back to your credit card?

Thanks very much!:)

Did you check of single or double occupancy when you redeemed your Visa Points? You can call 1-888-305-4626 and they can tell you how your OBC has been applied.

Any credit should show up on your following months statement.

Thanks for the quick reply!:)

I actually called and talked to the 'redemption dept' because the website wouldn't let me redeem for some reason. That lady did indicate the amount of $150 but when she transferred me to the regular CSR to have a copy of the invoice emailed to me, I discovered the code/amount of $75. I was wondering if there's anything in that code that means, $75 per person. Guess I need to call again for clarification.

Thanks for the quick reply!:)

I actually called and talked to the 'redemption dept' because the website wouldn't let me redeem for some reason. That lady did indicate the amount of $150 but when she transferred me to the regular CSR to have a copy of the invoice emailed to me, I discovered the code/amount of $75. I was wondering if there's anything in that code that means, $75 per person. Guess I need to call again for clarification.

If it was per person than your code with include P-P at the end.

Thanks all for your replies!:)

I called RCI and was transferred to the C&A dept (apparently, they handle the Visa points redemption). The lady I spoke with was surprised my invoice had such code but she could see 'in the system' that the redemed points were correct and the amount of OBC is $150. She had no idea what the code on my invoice is about so she gave me the transaction# (of the points redeemed and date of trans.) as a reference in case there would be any descrepancy once on board.

As it turns out, this sailing on the Explorer has decreased in price--again! The first price drop reduced my remaining balance and the drop today paid off the cruise and resulted in additional OBC! So, as of today, I have $610.00 RCI OBC plus, the OBC I've gained from the Visa points!! Not bad for a 5 nite cruise!!!

Many thanks to the very knowledgeable members of this CC site!!!:):) Just goes to show ya, if you read between the craziness, you can get great info here. Thanks again.

On the subject of OBC, does anybody know how to view the amount and confirm that it has been processed?

Last week, I booked on the first day of the WOW sale and still haven't received a Guest Invoice, the way I normally do. I did get an email acknowledging receipt of the $960 deposit (and it's showing on my credit card), but still nothing from RCI. Does the OBC show up under "My Cruises" or is it only on the invoice? Don't remember having to wait a week for the invoice but maybe they're just overly busy there! :confused:

On the subject of OBC, does anybody know how to view the amount and confirm that it has been processed?

Last week, I booked on the first day of the WOW sale and still haven't received a Guest Invoice, the way I normally do. I did get an email acknowledging receipt of the $960 deposit (and it's showing on my credit card), but still nothing from RCI. Does the OBC show up under "My Cruises" or is it only on the invoice? Don't remember having to wait a week for the invoice but maybe they're just overly busy there! :confused:

You can not view OBC on-line. You must request a Confirmation Invoice from RCI. I was told that if you booked during the WOW sale the OBC would not show up for 1 month.

You can not view OBC on-line. You must request a Confirmation Invoice from RCI. I was told that if you booked during the WOW sale the OBC would not show up for 1 month.

Thank you so much! I'll just sit tight and wait then. :)

Same experience here. I'm not comfortable with not having something in hand to show my $650 in OBC's as well. But I was assured that I in fact had them applied. I'm so not happy with all of the entities involved with the Visa card. Everyone says it's not their dept...

Same experience here. I'm not comfortable with not having something in hand to show my $650 in OBC's as well. But I was assured that I in fact had them applied. I'm so not happy with all of the entities involved with the Visa card. Everyone says it's not their dept...

What don't you like about the Visa card?

Archived