Scooter rental and medical issues

scubagirrl

the organization I worked for prohibited our crew members from renting two wheel motor vehicles in the islands for similar reasons . . . .

renting scooters/mopeds in the islands is often a QUICK path to the emergeny room

if you need MORE than the ER .... good luck ....

I think it's just sad really. I guess that I'm naive enough to think that a person's life is more important then money. SMH

It's pretty much the same here in the states.. My boyfriend (Bahamian) was in the states with me 2 years ago and got very ill. Severe pain, weakness and passing out. The ER stabalized him, gave him 4 pain killers and told him to go back to the bahamas for MRI and tests. They wouldn't even do a blood test.

They didn't even ask for payment up front.. they didn't want to touch him since he didn't have US insurance.

We arrange a flight and a doctor to meet his flight.

It's pretty much the same here in the states.. My boyfriend (Bahamian) was in the states with me 2 years ago and got very ill. Severe pain, weakness and passing out. The ER stabalized him, gave him 4 pain killers and told him to go back to the bahamas for MRI and tests. They wouldn't even do a blood test.

They didn't even ask for payment up front.. they didn't want to touch him since he didn't have US insurance.

We arrange a flight and a doctor to meet his flight.

From the story you posed they wouldn't even see them period. Your boyfriend was seen and made well enough to go back to the Bahamas. And being very ill is NOT the same as suspected neck injury or internal bleeding. When a friend of mine came from Germany she was in a car accident and had similar injuries as that couple she had no problems getting medical attention at a local hospital.

It's just sad in my eyes that they would leave people to die when they have the resources to help but refuse too.

Archived