Does Serenity area allow women to sunbath topless?

rydan

Regardless of what John said we recently returned from the Freedom and I sunbathed topless on the Serenity deck with no issue at all. Granted I didn't flaunt it. I choose a round lounger and put my top on whenever I sat up but people walking by could clearly see and not one person said anything and the lady next to me said "oh we can do that?" and took hers off as well.

I think when we act like mature adults then there are no issues. If you are offended don't sit next to me and if you are then move or complain to someone in charge of the deck and if they ask me to do so I will cover up. Heck if you ask me nicely, I most likely will do so. I've sat next to Baptist pastors that had no issue so until specifically told I can't do so, I will continue to sunbathe topless if I choose.

Yes I did have a balcony and it wasn't getting sun at the time I wanted to lay out.

Regardless of what John said we recently returned from the Freedom and I sunbathed topless on the Serenity deck with no issue at all. Granted I didn't flaunt it. I choose a round lounger and put my top on whenever I sat up but people walking by could clearly see and not one person said anything and the lady next to me said "oh we can do that?" and took hers off as well.

I think when we act like mature adults then there are no issues. If you are offended don't sit next to me and if you are then move or complain to someone in charge of the deck and if they ask me to do so I will cover up. Heck if you ask me nicely, I most likely will do so. I've sat next to Baptist pastors that had no issue so until specifically told I can't do so, I will continue to sunbathe topless if I choose.

Yes I did have a balcony and it wasn't getting sun at the time I wanted to lay out.

Good for you. The lovely Sue and I live at a clothing optional resort in the summer months. Too many get uptight over the human body.

Does anoyone know if I can sunbath Topless in the Serenity area?

1) Yes, I am a women.

2) And no im not a "10"

3) Just want an even tan for once

4) dont care who sees them after nursing 2 kids.

There's a thread on CC about an upcoming Nudist Cruise on Carnival. Book that and you can get an all over tan. :p

Truth is that a lot of us can get real uncomfortable when faced with something like this. Myself and my wife were both raised "old School" and taught to be modest when it came to things like this. Frankly I view a topless in public woman as indecent. Unfortunately, many of the younger generations especially don't have much if any modesty. I guess the biggest thing I don't get is all these tatoos that are showing up. Guess folks aren't aware of what they are going to look like when you reach your later years and your body spreads out a little, ain't pretty!:eek:

No, I don't think statues, not statutes, should sport fig leaves, any more than I think animals should wear clothes. We are speaking about humans here, aren't we? Mention was made of people being Victorian, You could also look at it as just having a bit of class. Why do some people think it's a treat to expose themselves to others?

What's "class" got to do with it? Really??

Well I consider myself middle aged at 42 and I certainly have NOT spread out. I'm a marathon runner who exercises at least six days a week and my girls look fabulous. I respect that others may be uncomfortable and you have the option to move, ask me to cover up (and if you do so nicely I most likely will) or get the staff. However your hang ups aren't mine and I'm not responsible for them and will base my response on your attitude towards me.

Judging someone by having tattoos, a strange hair style, choosing to go topless etc... is just annoying.

I'm annoyed by people who wear too much cologne/perfume, tight or ill fitting clothing on a much too large body, people who smoke in my personal space...lots of things but I wouldn't tell them not to do it.

What I do find just a tiny bit odd is that many of this usernames other posts are clearly made by a man:eek::p Maybe the dw just popped in to ask a question instead of making her own account...? LOL

I don't think women are afraid to speak up for themselves under their own log-in. Personally, I have two ginormous boobies of my own. Can look at them whenever I want, and I've never nursed. Therefore, I have zero desire to see OP's or anyone else's boobies. (Actually, typing that just reminded me of "A...T...T...I...C".):p

Back on my 1st ever cruise there was a topless deck - but I was with my 15 yr old daughter and we didn't wander up there, although we took each others photo by the sign. On my last visit to St Maarten, dh and I did go to the clothing optional beach where I did stroll the beach topless - not my cup of tea but made DH happy. I'm not a 10 and after that trip - I was feeling pretty good about myself except for my scorched corneas. LOL. The thing about this post that many of you aren't getting is that the OP has transformed herself - she is feeling pretty good and imho wants to "show it off" a little. Great for you O.P. but a Carnival cruise is not the place for this and who doesn't know that topless isn't allowed? Many balconys are very sunny during the day but this isn't going to get her what she wants - attention. My advice - cancel the cruise - send the kids to grama's house and go to a topless friendly local and have a blast.

Does anoyone know if I can sunbath Topless in the Serenity area?

1) Yes, I am a women.

2) And no im not a "10"

3) Just want an even tan for once

4) dont care who sees them after nursing 2 kids.

Well, that's one way to get DH to go to the pool with me!!!!!!!!!!

On one of our HA cruises there was a family of four. They were from Europe. I was on the aft deck and the dad took the two little boys off somewhere. While gone, mom (who was very pretty) casually took off her bikini top and relaxed. There was an older gentleman who wandered to near where she was and just stood there - practically drooling. It was unbelievable!

By the time the dad returned with the two little boys, mom had her top back on and the oogling, drooling man had gone back to his seat.

I personally have no problem if someone wants to take her top off - but that drooling gentleman would have me keeping mine on!

Truth is that a lot of us can get real uncomfortable when faced with something like this. Myself and my wife were both raised "old School" and taught to be modest when it came to things like this. Frankly I view a topless in public woman as indecent. Unfortunately, many of the younger generations especially don't have much if any modesty. I guess the biggest thing I don't get is all these tatoos that are showing up. Guess folks aren't aware of what they are going to look like when you reach your later years and your body spreads out a little, ain't pretty!:eek:

What about the people that get tattoos in their middle ages? They don't have so far to spread when you get them later in life. And I don't see anything wrong with going to an all adult area and taking your top off. I have been on the Magic twice and nothing was said either time. Of course I think if someone takes it upon themselves to walk around the area topless they are going to get called down on that one.

About 12 years ago I personally sunbathed topless on Fascination. It was on the very top deck and was adult only tops optional area. Photo and vidio cameras were also prohibited there. Prudes were also not allowed up there, with us cool folks.

In all seriousness, I wish they still allowed tor topless sunbathing. But from what I know, it's no longer an option. Sadly.

I thought Carnival had a topless area, One would think the Adults only serenity area would allow that. But I dont understand two of the responses of

Seriously?

&

No, thank goodness? try a tanning bed, ( Tanning beds make you look like you are an Oompa-loompa form Willy Wonka.

I dont get that responses at all.

They use too have a topless area below the funnel but that there has not been a topless deck for years maybe the 90's ever since CCL has been a family cruise line.

Gary

About 12 years ago I personally sunbathed topless on Fascination. It was on the very top deck and was adult only tops optional area. Photo and vidio cameras were also prohibited there. Prudes were also not allowed up there, with us cool folks.

In all seriousness, I wish they still allowed tor topless sunbathing. But from what I know, it's no longer an option. Sadly.

LOL, love how you put it..I am not the type, not me..for several reasons..one being the fairest of them all..LOL.. but got a gloating moment ..being from a family of all girls..when we discovered with my family on a 50th anniversary Hawaii trip I treasure with folks, that I was only one who had done the deed in my twenties on a beach that is no more on the Big Island..in just right situation...I love the memory.

We are too obsessed..but it is just hard in this culture. I bet on the whole it was a special place..all obsessed "not cool" LOL..(J/K) people aside...sarah

Agree! You'd think that the poor women asked some kind of perverse question. Is there a topless area on the boat? No? Ok great, thanks.

Instead this is somehow a shocking question DESPITE the fact that there WAS such a section not all that long! Not so unreasonable to ask then, huh? Sheesh.

Yup UDDERLY ridiculous!!!!

Archived