Transfer to TA

Is Sue L around this morning?

Can I transfer my reservation to a TA even though I have made final payment? RCCL have just cheated me out of $100 OBC and if I can

switch I will...

You have 60 days from the booking date to transfer your reservation to a TA and it must be done prior to final payment. May I ask how you lost $100 OBC?

You have 60 days from the booking date to transfer your reservation to a TA and it must be done prior to final payment. May I ask how you lost $100 OBC?

I made a reservation on Sep 30th, 2010 during a WOW sale, for Serenade of the Seas in August 2011- so I got the $100 OBC and reduced deposit. So far all is well. Then, before we get to final payment one of my party has to cancel because he can't now get the time off- I call RCCL during the next WOW sale to ask do I need to transfer or make my new reservation during a WOW to keep my 'perks' and was told NO, you can transfer them. Included in my reservation was a VISA coupon for $500 off- it took a couple of calls to C&A to get that moved over.

So when final payment was due I called and cancelled that reservation and made a new one for Allure in May 2012. The $100 didn't show up on my online account, so I called and was told it would show up in about 30 days.

It didn't show and I forgot all about it. Now I am getting ready to prepare my online docs and it's still not showing up, so I emailed CA to ask for some documentation - after a while someone from Resolutions emails me and says I lost the OBC when I transferred my booking.

If possible I will now transfer to a TA so RCCL can pay their commission and lose more than the measly $100 they have now cheated me out of...:mad:

Per the terms of the WOW sale, a change in ship and sail date voids the obc.

In addition, this new WOW Sale was for June 2012 and beyond. Sorry you didn't understand the terms but this is not "cheating" it is abiding by the terms. And yes, it seems you got wrong information but again, you had access to the terms of the promotion (they don't change) and chose to disregard what is in writing over what you hoped was correct.

And to answer your question, per their written policy, once final payment is made you cannot transfer your booking to a travel agent.

Per the terms of the WOW sale, a change in ship and sail date voids the obc.

In addition, this new WOW Sale was for June 2012 and beyond. Sorry you didn't understand the terms but this is not "cheating" it is abiding by the terms. And yes, it seems you got wrong information but again, you had access to the terms of the promotion (they don't change) and chose to disregard what is in writing over what you hoped was correct.

And to answer your question, per their written policy, once final payment is made you cannot transfer your booking to a travel agent.

I'm sorry, you are mistaken . The WOW sale on May 3/4th 2011 is the one I am referring to and it clearly states the benefits are for ANY cruise (Oasis and Allure included) after August 2011.

Here it is - http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/11023125_WOW_Sale_May_2011.pdf

But for receiving incorrect information from RCCL I could have booked my new reservation during that sale, but since I was told the benefits would transfer I just did it on final payment day, May 24th.

I'm sorry, you are mistaken . The WOW sale on May 3/4th 2011 is the one I am referring to and it clearly states the benefits are for ANY cruise (Oasis and Allure included) after August 2011.

Here it is - http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/11023125_WOW_Sale_May_2011.pdf

But for receiving incorrect information from RCCL I could have booked my new reservation during that sale, but since I was told the benefits would transfer I just did it on final payment day, May 24th.

I would still call back and speak to Resolutions again.

I would still call back and speak to Resolutions again.

Thankyou Patti.

I have emailed Resolutions back, I think from now on I

will get every conversation regarding reservations documented in emails, so I don't encounter a problem like this again. Next time I book (IF) I will do so via a TA, online, that way I have one person to deal with, rather than the misinformation you so often get from Customer Service..:rolleyes:

I know it's only $100 but I have spent many thousands of $ with RCCL and

this is irritating me that they would do this...

My apologies, I misread your dates. Either way, you did still have access to the terms that state clearly that any change to a ship/sail date voids the benefit. That means you should have cancelled and rebooked the new sail date.

Again, I find no fault in a company that holds true to their terms. Of course it would be nice had you not received bad information from a rep but you clearly had access to the written terms and should always assume what a company puts in writing holds more ground than what a reservations rep tells you over the phone.

My apologies, I misread your dates. Either way, you did still have access to the terms that state clearly that any change to a ship/sail date voids the benefit. That means you should have cancelled and rebooked the new sail date.

Again, I find no fault in a company that holds true to their terms. Of course it would be nice had you not received bad information from a rep but you clearly had access to the written terms and should always assume what a company puts in writing holds more ground than what a reservations rep tells you over the phone.

I disagree. I can see the regs regarding new reservations on the WOW sales.

Having never before booked during a WOW sale, and having never transferred a reservation before, I called the people who do this for a LIVING and asked what happened if you transferred a deposit to another cruise, and you see how helpful the information was that they gave me...

They transferred my 50% deposit to my new reservation, transferred my Visa point coupon, and left the reservation date as Sept 30th 2010 . The only thing they didn't show was my $100.. If my new reservation was under different regs I wonder why they didn't ask me for the full deposit amount?

I disagree. I can see the regs regarding new reservations on the WOW sales.

Having never before booked during a WOW sale, and having never transferred a reservation before, I called the people who do this for a LIVING and asked what happened if you transferred a deposit to another cruise, and you see how helpful the information was that they gave me...

They transferred my 50% deposit to my new reservation, transferred my Visa point coupon, and left the reservation date as Sept 30th 2010 . The only thing they didn't show was my $100.. If my new reservation was under different regs I wonder why they didn't ask me for the full deposit amount?

Sorry, no. Four lines up from the bottom:

Any eligible reservation that changes the ship or sail date after September 30, 2010 will not be eligible to receive the offer

They didn't ask you for the full deposit amount because they have a sort of unstated policy that bookings that no longer qualify for WOW Sales are not required to pay the additional deposit but rather just pay with final. I have had this happen to a few clients and each time, they lost the obc but didn't have to pay the full deposit.

You had the terms in writing. If you no longer had the flyer, a simple search for the flyer (or asking to be provided with the terms in writing) would have given you your answer. Yes, they were wrong to give you misinformation but again, writing override verbal everytime.

Sorry, no. Four lines up from the bottom:

They didn't ask you for the full deposit amount because they have a sort of unstated policy that bookings that no longer qualify for WOW Sales are not required to pay the additional deposit but rather just pay with final. I have had this happen to a few clients and each time, they lost the obc but didn't have to pay the full deposit.

You had the terms in writing. If you no longer had the flyer, a simple search for the flyer (or asking to be provided with the terms in writing) would have given you your answer. Yes, they were wrong to give you misinformation but again, writing override verbal everytime.

Well I just found out that an unwritten policy means absolutely zero unless it is in their favor- according to your logic it's not a policy if its not written. Maybe you're the person that reads all the minutiae in a booking policy, the great majority do not and pickup the phone to call customer service when they have a question.

If they observe an unwritten policy regarding deposit amounts they should observe the same policy to cover OBC.

Well I just found out that an unwritten policy means absolutely zero unless it is in their favor- according to your logic it's not a policy if its not written. Maybe you're the person that reads all the minutiae in a booking policy, the great majority do not and pickup the phone to call customer service when they have a question.

If they observe an unwritten policy regarding deposit amounts they should observe the same policy to cover OBC.

Except the obc is a WRITTEN policy. There is no written policy covering what happens when a booking stops qualifying for a promotion that had previously allowed them to pay a smaller deposit.

And yes, I do read terms. Just like a read terms for credit card agreements and mortgages. And no, I have no pity for those that choose to NOT read the terms and then get upset because they were told wrong information and the company comes back and says too bad, read your terms.

Grown adults should know better. Why would you trust them to know the specific terms of a nearly 1 1/2 year old promotion but not bother to look it up yourself? It probably would have taken less time to look it up then it took to call and ask.

Except the obc is a WRITTEN policy. There is no written policy covering what happens when a booking stops qualifying for a promotion that had previously allowed them to pay a smaller deposit.

And yes, I do read terms. Just like a read terms for credit card agreements and mortgages. And no, I have no pity for those that choose to NOT read the terms and then get upset because they were told wrong information and the company comes back and says too bad, read your terms.

Grown adults should know better. Why would you trust them to know the specific terms of a nearly 1 1/2 year old promotion but not bother to look it up yourself? It probably would have taken less time to look it up then it took to call and ask.

Well you said it. They gave me the wrong information. They are paid to deliver the correct information to customers. It's not the customers fault when they do.

Luckily you are perfect, so this wouldn't happen to you..

Currently have an issue with rcl regarding additional benefits that i feel i am entitled to. Cannot get official written confirmation of the rules. customer service says the faq's are guidelines. guidelines can be modified. they refuse to give me a quote of the rules saying it is an internal policy. a company cannot deny requests from customers if they cannot quote the rules. i get several different stories depending upon what agent one speaks to.

Currently have an issue with rcl regarding additional benefits that i feel i am entitled to. Cannot get official written confirmation of the rules. customer service says the faq's are guidelines. guidelines can be modified. they refuse to give me a quote of the rules saying it is an internal policy. a company cannot deny requests from customers if they cannot quote the rules. i get several different stories depending upon what agent one speaks to.

Was is it that you think you are entitled to and what entitles you to this? I have a good number of their policies so I might have something that helps.

That's exactly the problem. How is the customer supposed to understand the rules/policies if their own employees don't..? :rolleyes:

That's exactly the problem. How is the customer supposed to understand the rules/policies if their own employees don't..? :rolleyes:

Hi, sorry I didn't read all the answers did you get it straightened out? I was really surprised to see my name in your first post, lol

Sue L

Hi, sorry I didn't read all the answers did you get it straightened out? I was really surprised to see my name in your first post, lol

Sue L

You must be a busy girl ! I had a question about transferring to a TA but Patti told me the 60 day rule or I would have made a transfer today :D

I am still waiting for resolution of the OBC otherwise...

During oct. 2011 WOW sale I booked FOS family OV for my family of 5. I asked IF my DH had to have a balcony would FOS junior suites sleep 5 (RCCL website states: JS will sleep 3-4 PLUS a roll away or crib EXCEPT aft). I was told SURE..you can always upgrade to a JS if he wants a balcony. Well DH said he wouldn't sail without a balcony so I called to upgrade..NOPE sorry they are no longer allowed to book 5 in a JS but the website hasn't been updated :eek:, i was suppose to know this HOW? Anyway, even though I had 2 reps tell me I could upgrade to a JS with 5 to the cabin (one I saved on chat and sent to resolution with a copy of RCCL website stateroom descriptions and another was over the phone so no record of conversation) they still refused to allow me to keep my WOW benefits. My only assumption is once oasis class set sail Freedom class no longer sleeps 5 in their JS (but some Oasis JS will sleep 5) but for some reason (a couple of years later) IT dept. hasn't found the time to update the website :rolleyes:

You must be a busy girl ! I had a question about transferring to a TA but Patti told me the 60 day rule or I would have made a transfer today :D

I am still waiting for resolution of the OBC otherwise...

Yes I have been,manager now.lol. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Archived