Does anyone know what nights are formal on the Eastern Caribbean Ruby? Also

imfun888

What is a good night to eat in a specialty restaurant? Do the regular dining rooms have better/fancier food on the formal nights? I am choosing one night to try a specialty night, which specialty restaurant is the best?????

Can kids come to specialty restaurants?

Thanks we are leaving on our voyage Easter Sunday! 4 more days ;)

We just came off the Ruby Eastern Caribbean. Our itinerary was

Monday - Princess Cays

Tuesday - At sea (Formal Night)

Wednesday - St. Maarten

Thursday - St. Thomas (Formal Night)

Friday - Grand Turk ( arrive at 1:00 depart at 7:00 PM) - good night for specialty restaurant if you have early traditional seating since you may miss it if you have a tour booked or stay ashore until the last minute.

Saturday - At Sea

The menu in the MDR is not any fancier on formal nights

Yes, kids are fine both in the MDR and the Specialty restaurants.

We ate in both Sabatini's and Crown Grill and liked both. Check out the menu's where you go might depend on what you like to eat.

Enjoy!!!

What is a good night to eat in a specialty restaurant? Do the regular dining rooms have better/fancier food on the formal nights? I am choosing one night to try a specialty night, which specialty restaurant is the best?????

Can kids come to specialty restaurants?

Thanks we are leaving on our voyage Easter Sunday! 4 more days ;)

Many people don't care for the Caribbean menu which is served on Wednesday, that is bound to be a popular night to eat at a Specialty Restaurant. Personally I don't care for the Landfall menu on the last night, so we usually eat at Crown Grill that night.

We just got back from the Ruby 3/25 cruise.

Tips:

If you like wine with dinner, bring your own bottles (I brought 5 bottles aboard), get glasses from one of the bars or they have hi-ball glasses in the cabins, and bring your wine to the dining room in the glass. Saves you a $15 "corking fee".

On the "at sea" days get a deck chair early if you want a shady spot or a spot near a pool. The first sea day we finished breakfast at 8:30 and by that time all deck chairs were "reserved" (even though Princess posts that is not allowed) and we ended up two sun decks up from the pool. On the 2nd at sea day I went up on deck at 6:45 am. By 6:55 all of the chairs in the shaded areas were reserved and by about 7:20 all poolside chairs were taken. One couple piled a chair next to the pool with towels and shirts then left. I didn't see them again until 11:30 when they came and got their belongings without ever sitting in the chairs all morning. I guess they reserved them just-in-case they felt like sitting by the pool sometime that morning.

Archived