Looking for a good deal to Alaska in Sept

Hi LaDad, Carnival has a 8/28 - 9/4/12 cruise on the Spirit (which includes Labor Day - 1 less day to take off work) which I just booked. I'm taking my 89 yr old Mom and got interior cabins but with french doors (obstructed view) on the main deck for $1,030.00 pp. I saw the pics of the room and it actually has a very good view (in between life boats). For 7 nights that is not a bad price. Weather is not bad then August average is in the low 60's and in September average is mid-50's. Prices are better then because it is at the end of the season as opposed to booking in June-July which is high season. Let me know if you book that cruise as we would like to meet you. Have an awesome time whatever you decide!

You could have booked on the NCL Pearl for the June 10th sailing for around that same price for a similar room ($849 obstructed OceanView, not interior). As you have seen from the replies in this thread, the weather is MUCH better in June than it is in September. By "better" I mean not nearly as "RAINY". In Sept, you could well have rain all 7 days of the cruise. You never stated in this thread but is there a reason that you HAD to book in Sept?

our price was $299pp before taxes and 699pp after taxes. So I think I got a pretty darn good deal.

What month was that & on NCL? And seriously, $400pp taxes?

Anyone else...what is considered a "good" base deal for an inside, early June? $699, $799...?

Bonvoyagie, You mention that it's too late to get early deals. Do you mean for 2013?

Looking to book our first Alaska/ northern cruise. If I can only go during the first week in September from Seattle to Alaska, would you suggest waiting for 2013 for better weather. Which month is better for a northern cruise. Sorry for the very newbie question... Thank you in advance.

I am never one to "wait". :) I would book it the earliest day you can. Being well prepared in your attire, and touring choices will make a significant difference.

What month was that & on NCL? And seriously, $400pp taxes?

Anyone else...what is considered a "good" base deal for an inside, early June? $699, $799...?

Bonvoyagie, You mention that it's too late to get early deals. Do you mean for 2013?

Yes the port fees and taxes are up there in price.

The "deals" are going to be where the supply is larger than the demand.

Do an overall search with a cruise discounter, that lists the available sailings. then check with a few more vendors.

Alaska just dumped a whole boat load of sailings for this season about a month ago. Total price around $600pp. I added 8-11 on the Sapphire, which puts me at 3 Alaska cruises this year.

Archived