Chickens running wild?

Karlie1

We were on Grand Cayman last week on the Conquest (our 2nd time). Both times going to Cemetery Beach. Great inexpensive day. Each visit we were dropped off by the Dairy Queen. There was a mother chicken with 3 littles ones running around. We continued to walk to port where there was some shops and several Banks. I took pictures of 4 different Roosters in one spot. I asked a local what the deal with all the chickens. Her reply, "they are just here." I said, "don't the local eat them", "NOPE". I live in Illinois, the State Bird is the Cardinal. Is the Chicken the State Bird? I saw several BMWs in the banking area. I sure wouldn't want a 5 lb. Rooster dancing on my BMW or doing his dirty business on the hood.

What's the Scoop?:cool:

We used to live in a rural area....and sometimes, chickens would dart into the street...well, one day, one darted in front of my dad's car...he hit it. Before he could get out to find the owner, some man who had been walking along the road ran out, and scooped it up and off he went. Dinner, I guess!

We've got feral chickens. Inbred feral chickens at that. They crow all night and only seem to stop at dawn!

I guess the feral cats and dogs don't catch very many of them since they are frequently seen as roadkill. And no, we don't catch and eat them or gather roadkill here in Cayman.

There is frequently a group of chickens around the KFC on Shedden Road near the waterfront. A standard tourist photo op is a shot of the chickens staring at the KFC sidewalk sign.

I found this one on Flickr (it's not mine):

fresh chicken at kfc

Archived