Cross your T's and dot you I's

teaach

I just called Carnival this morning to review the details of my upcoming cruise in Sept. 2012, Glory from NYC to NE/Canada. I am glad I did because I was told at booking (about 3mos. ago) that my credit card would be charged automatically in July for final payment. When I checked on the details today this PVP said that auto payment was not in place. I told her to auto charge my card in July and she set it up again. I will still check in periodically and definitely in July to make sure the cruise is paid in full on time. I have an Empress aft balcony and I don't want to lose my cabin. I imediately got a confirming email from Carnival with everything confirmed. Keep checking to make sure everything you want is in place.

I just called Carnival this morning to review the details of my upcoming cruise in Sept. 2012, Glory from NYC to NE/Canada. I am glad I did because I was told at booking (about 3mos. ago) that my credit card would be charged automatically in July for final payment. When I checked on the details today this PVP said that auto payment was not in place. I told her to auto charge my card in July and she set it up again. I will still check in periodically and definitely in July to make sure the cruise is paid in full on time. I have an Empress aft balcony and I don't want to lose my cabin. I imediately got a confirming email from Carnival with everything confirmed. Keep checking to make sure everything you want is in place.

I have never heard of any "official" autopay process at Carnival. It may just be a PVP setting up a notifier on her calendar to apply the payment but I would NEVER trust someone else with my payment.

I always put this information in my calendar at least a month in advance with Monday morning reminders. But I rarely wait until deadline to pay off my cruise. I pay it off as soon as I have the money if I didn't pay in full at the beginning.

I don't worry about the $1.05 that I'm not going to earn in interest by taking my money out early. :rolleyes:

i have never had a problem with carnival's autopay........mine was always paid on time by them........but i will certainly check in the future.......thanks for sharing.........

cheryl

I have never heard of any "official" autopay process at Carnival. :rolleyes:

I never did either.

But have heard of people who complained they thought the card would be automatically charged--to find their cruise was cancelled and they lost their cabin.

For every one---do not take it for granted that your card will be automatically charged for final payment for whatever reason.

Take responsibility and make that call yourself

Archived