We booked on QM2 World Cruise Segment!

alibabacruisers

We actually booked, back in February, a World Cruise Segment on QM2! We went on our first cruise ever back in 2009 on QM2 and have been anxiously waiting to revisit her. Then we found this segment (Singapore to Melbourne) and BANG our wish was granted! So excited!!!

I know I've still got a LONG way to go, but the fun has begun! I check pricing and cabin allocation daily...I know, I know....crazy, but can't help it. After reading CC daily, I had resigned myself to getting a cabin allocation after final payment...when lo and behold today, 10 months prior, we received an allocation! We booked a D8 guarantee due to budget constraints and we are happy (however, would not mind the upgrade fairy sprinkling a little fairy dust on us, if she wishes)! We got allocated a D8, cabin 4020, which is next to Illuminations and above the Theatre. Does anyone know if noise will be an issue? I am mentally preparing myself for the forward position and the motion issue....I will come definitely prepared!

Another question for you....does anyone know where the crew quarters are located? I was reading several threads but no one knew the location on QM2.

Barbara:)

PARTIAL QUOTE

...We got allocated a D8, cabin 4020, which is next to Illuminations and above the Theatre.....

I believe Illuminations is on Deck 3 (not next to your cabin on Deck 4).

No worries.

There is a roof section of Illuminations forward on deck 4, but it is not likely to cause any problems for a nearby cabin.

The crew decks are lower down on the ship, eg deck 1 and below.

Yes, sorry, I see that now - Right you are! The ceiling of Illuminations does abut cabin 4020.

Again, I might well be mistaken since crew quarters are off limits to passengers, I have no personal knowledge. But from what I've been told some crew quarters are on deck 2 and below (obviously, officers' quarters vary, depending on rank.) I was on a Princess ship once and took a tour of the ship, way down below sea level - gave me a special appreciation for those that work and live there. Hopefully such a tour will be available someday on QM2. Regards, -S.

Archived