Ruby D325, D323, D321, D319 - how are these cabins

sully108

Ruby D325, D323, D321, D319 - how are these cabins. Does anyone have an opinion of a mini suite - deck 9 on the Ruby ? We will be sailing in July 2013 in the Med. .. Italy, Greece, etc .. Thank you for any input .

We have sailed on the Ruby in both 323 and 325. The rooms are just forward of midship SB side, and we found them to very nice rooms. One slight negative, the Dolphin deck (9) balconies are completely exposed to the decks above since they protrude further than the higher balconies. We never had a problem with it other than cigarette ashes, but the new smoking policy seems to have taken care of that.

We have sailed on the Ruby in both 323 and 325. The rooms are just forward of midship SB side, and we found them to very nice rooms. One slight negative, the Dolphin deck (9) balconies are completely exposed to the decks above since they protrude further than the higher balconies. We never had a problem with it other than cigarette ashes, but the new smoking policy seems to have taken care of that.

Thank you CRSN.

I have been looking for a day or so ... and I thought that was the case. Do you feel the extra roominess within the cabin outweighed the negative of very unprivate balconies ? :(

Also with the balcony ... do the dividers between cabins come down - we are sailing with several couples and would possibly want to spread out and enjoy pre-dinner cocktails with everyone. :D

Thank you for any input.

Thank you CRSN.

I have been looking for a day or so ... and I thought that was the case. Do you feel the extra roominess within the cabin outweighed the negative of very unprivate balconies ? :(

Also with the balcony ... do the dividers between cabins come down - we are sailing with several couples and would possibly want to spread out and enjoy pre-dinner cocktails with everyone. :D

Thank you for any input.

I love the Emerald deck mini suites because they have balconies that are fully covered. There are only a handful of mini suites on Emerald deck so they book up early. Most of the minis are on Dolphin deck. I think the minis are well worth the upgrade from a standard balcony. The mini suites have a separate sitting area with a large couch and a larger bathroom with a tub shower combo. The standard balconies have a very tiny shower, no tub, and no sitting area.

There is a door between the balconies that can be unlocked by your cabin steward so you can walk from one balcony to the next. However, the entire divider does not come down. Neighboring balconies cannot be combined into one giant balcony.

I love the Emerald deck mini suites because they have balconies that are fully covered. There are only a handful of mini suites on Emerald deck so they book up early. Most of the minis are on Dolphin deck. I think the minis are well worth the upgrade from a standard balcony. The mini suites have a separate sitting area with a large couch and a larger bathroom with a tub shower combo. The standard balconies have a very tiny shower, no tub, and no sitting area.

There is a door between the balconies that can be unlocked by your cabin steward so you can walk from one balcony to the next. However, the entire divider does not come down. Neighboring balconies cannot be combined into one giant balcony.

Thank you Patches.

On Emerald Deck are the tender / life boats in the way ?

Thank you Patches.

On Emerald Deck are the tender / life boats in the way ?

No, absolutely no obstruction from the lifeboats. The tenders are tucked in closer to the ship so your sightline is perfectly clear. You have a wonderful view from the Emerald deck minis.

If you are considering booking an Emerald deck mini, I would suggest any cabin on starboard side or one of the more forward cabins on portside. I would avoid the last three cabins furthest aft on portside because they are directly over the Club Fusion stage on the deck below. A few posters have complained of some sound system noise in those cabins.

I have stayed in just about all the starboard side minis and a few of the furthest forward portside minis on multiple ships and never experienced any noise issues in any of those cabins. Never heard a peep. The aft location gets little foot traffic and is quiet.

Archived