Still havent booked Tampa Hotel

steff613

I still havent booked our hotel for our Sept 16 Legend sailing. The Holiday Inn RP cruise pkg is at $139, we will get in late FRiday night and sail Sunday. Im torn between booking at one of the hotels with a "cruise pkg" or tryin a "name your price" site to see if I can get a lower rate to make up the difference for the transportation provided in the cruise pkgs. Any opinions? ( yea folks i opened the door here lol).......

Book the package (as long as you can cancel with little or no penalty) and then try Priceline or Hotwire when you get closer to your cruise date. Mid September should be cheap -- school is in session and it's too early for the snow birds. ;)

When calculating your savings figure that a cab from the airport (or an airport area hotel) to the port will run about $25+tip; same fare to get back to TPA after your cruise. So your hotel must be $50+ cheaper than the package for you to save anything.

Good luck! :)

John in DC is right. I would go ahead and book the Holiday Inn RP just to make sure that you have a booked room. I usually call the hotel and book direct. You will get the same price as what's on the web-site. If you see that the price drops for the cruise pkg, the hotel will honor it. We have stayed at the Holiday Inn twice and last cruise we booked the pkg at $119 and after watching the web-site for Specials, the cruise pkg dropped to a crazy-good rate of just $89. I called the hotel and they adjusted my rate and sent me an e-mail conformation, no problems.

This hotel as well as a few others with popular cruise pkgs, fill up quick. You can always cancel. The Holiday Inn has a policy of 24 hours before arrival with no penalty.

Good luck to you.

BTW, the Chase Suites and Hampton Inn Rocky Point are all in the same general area. They too offer the same cruise pkg that has the return pick-up shuttle. You may want to check out their rates as well.

24Fan from this board, just got back from his cruise and stayed at the Hampton next door. You may have read his short review, but if not here is the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1608898

Have a great cruise.

:):)

Archived