What am I missing on a 5-night?

BamaTraveler

I would love to book a 7-night cruise, but many 5-night cruises fit our schedule/budget better. Would we miss any special events, shows, etc. if we went with a 5-night trip? This will, more than likely, be our only Disney cruise and don't want to miss anything special on the ship! FYI~to us, the Disney cruise experience itself is more important than the ports of call.

Are you referring to the 5inights on the Disney Dream, which has double-dip to Castaway Cay, or some other 5nights on the Magic or Wonder?

We would for sure prefer the Dream, but Magic/Wonder are also part of our options (I'm looking at many dates over the next 18 months). I know if we went with a 5-night, we will miss some things....I just dont want to miss out on a major theme party/stage production.

Well, I know that 7 night cruises have the Character breakfast.

Maybe more sea days? With more sea days, Palo has more brunch/high tea availablity.

There would be 2 more shows in the WDT, and 2 more menus for dinner.

:)

Will you be missing something from the two days from the seven day cruise, or gaining something from the two days as compared to the three night cruise?

Don't miss something on a cruise that you don't have available to you.

Will you be missing something from the two days from the seven day cruise, or gaining something from the two days as compared to the three night cruise?

Don't miss something on a cruise that you don't have available to you.

I guess my question is what will I GAIN with a 7-day vs a 5-day? Schmoo mentioned the addition of a character breakfast, which for us would be a big "plus" for going with the 7-day itinerary. I know that there will be 2 additional nightly shows...I would hate to miss a big musical production, but it wouldn't bother me to miss, say, a comedian or movie.

I guess my question is what will I GAIN with a 7-day vs a 5-day? Schmoo mentioned the addition of a character breakfast, which for us would be a big "plus" for going with the 7-day itinerary. I know that there will be 2 additional nightly shows...I would hate to miss a big musical production, but it wouldn't bother me to miss, say, a comedian or movie.

You won't miss a major musical production. All the ships have 3 major shows in the Walt Disney Theater. On cruises more than 3 days they have a welcome show and a goodbye show that include singing and dancing but I wouldn't call them major productions. They also usually have a comedy performer on the other night. You'll also get the Pirate party no matter what. And you won't miss out on one of the big musical productions no matter what.

Doobie.

You might wind up with something on the five night cruise that is the best of the best od DCL, thats not readily available on the seven night cruise. The Castaway Cay double dip!

You would need to pick the right cruise but I think that a five night double dip COULD be better than a seven night cruise.

Based on my research, the best price 5-days is on the Wonder Western Caribbean or 5-day Bahamas itieraries in January to early February 2013. I also expect some good deals (such as IGT/OGT/VGT) maybe offered for the 5-days Eastern Canada sailing on the Magic in September after start of school.

But I agree with OceanLiner that the double dip sailing on the Dream is the best being offered (but also the most expensive too). They are only available this year. There is no 5-day double dip sailing in 2013.

Also note that in early 2013 the Magic has the 6-day sailing from Galveston to Western Caribbean (but no Castaway Cay), which is alternating with the 8-day sailing.

Archived