Port Taxi's

I have sailed twice before and on islands that I have visited before found I would prefer to take a taxi to where I want to go rather than sign on for an "excursion" that is a little more limited and costly. Does anyone have any information about taxi's at the Port's in St. Thomas, St. John or St. Maarten? I'm interested in taking a taxi to a beach, preferrably one with a restaurant/bar on it. Any suggestions?

Welcome!

There are lots of taxies in all the ports. SAdsk the price before you get in the cab- soemtimes they are flexible if you say 'no' and head yto another cab.Check out the 'ports' here on cruisecritic. There is a lot of info here on ports including beaches. These ports have info booths right at the port for maps of the islands. They can answer questions you may have.

We NEVER do ship's tours anymore. You can do the same tour for usually 1/2 the price.

When you book your cruise goto the Roll Call here. You can hook up with others who willbe on the ship with you. You will find what others are doing and can often do a tour with them.

Taxis on all three islands are well regulated.

Rates for St Thomas are here.

St Maarten rates can be found here.

Web site ViNow dot com has rate charts for St Thomas and St John.

It is possible to find unregulated taxis but personally I'd advise against it. On St Maarten for instance, regulated taxis carry sufficient liability to cover passengers if something unfortunate happens.

There are taxi stands at the cruise terminals. In St Maarten just bear off to the right as you come from the piers - it's signed. At Crown Bay in St Thomas the taxi area pretty much straight ahead, just to the left as you exit the pier. At Havensight, St Thomas head to the main gates the taxis line up in front of the stores on the way out.

Just back From St. Thomas and St. Martin. I took a shared taxi in both locations to the beach. St. Thomas to Coki Beach was 11.00. St. Martin to Orient Beach was 7.00, both trips were p/p each way. Both locations offer chairs, food and drinks.

I have sailed twice before and on islands that I have visited before found I would prefer to take a taxi to where I want to go rather than sign on for an "excursion" that is a little more limited and costly. Does anyone have any information about taxi's at the Port's in St. Thomas, St. John or St. Maarten? I'm interested in taking a taxi to a beach, preferrably one with a restaurant/bar on it. Any suggestions?

All ports have taxis ready --- on St. Maarten try going to Dawn Beach - fare about $6 per, taxi takes you right to Mr. Busby's restaurant on the beach -- chairs and umbrellas are available. The only possible downside is that you are expected to wear bathing suits -- if you want to go bareass, you should go to Orient Bay.

All ports have taxis ready --- on St. Maarten try going to Dawn Beach - fare about $6 per, taxi takes you right to Mr. Busby's restaurant on the beach -- chairs and umbrellas are available. The only possible downside is that you are expected to wear bathing suits -- if you want to go bareass, you should go to Orient Bay.

Thank you all for your advice and the links you provided. It is very helpful and NAVYBANKERTEACHER - from a Marine Mom - thanks for the info! Oorah! (had one son in the Navy as well, received medical discharge) Thank you for your service.

Archived