Separate Sign and Sail Account?

CruisinJazz

This board is a mass of misinformation

You do NOT have to be "booked through Carnival"

Just put in 2 different card numbers/names at the online check in and/or

do it when you check in at the port ....alternative : go to front desk

I almost always sail with other singles and we all have separate accounts and NO problems

easy peasy :)

I almost always sail with other singles and we all have separate accounts and NO problems

My apologies for my "mass" misinformation. I figure if you book through a TA, you let your TA handle it and earn their commision. :rolleyes:

Well if you have not done this, or have not booked thru a travel agent why would you tell someone else how to do it ??

Your post was misleading sorry...you made it seem as if this option was ONLY avaiable to those who use a PVP/book thru Carnival

Has nothing to do with a "travel agent earning their commission"

Do you think that the PVP's work for free ??? They are IMHO more agressive than any travel agent I have seen....look at the website (logged in) get a phone call.

FYI : people who use a travel agent also go in and do their own funpass

it is very easy....3 ways...to separate credit cards/billing

That's exactly what I was going to say!;) Thanks!

Well if you have not done this, or have not booked thru a travel agent why would you tell someone else how to do it ??

Your post was misleading sorry...you made it seem as if this option was ONLY avaiable to those who use a PVP/book thru Carnival

Has nothing to do with a "travel agent earning their commission"

Do you think that the PVP's work for free ??? They are IMHO more agressive than any travel agent I have seen....look at the website (logged in) get a phone call.

FYI : people who use a travel agent also go in and do their own funpass

it is very easy....3 ways...to separate credit cards/billing

Umm........I have had to do this, and was booked through Carnival and went online to my funpass and took care of it. So I did let her know how I had done it. I didn't give her instructions on how to do it if booked through a TA cause I didn't know. THAT would've been misinformation. So sorry that you chose to take what you wanted from my comment.

And never said anything about PVPs. Don't deal with them. I'm capable of booking my cruises all by myself online without my hand being held.

Thanks

Did this on my last cruise and will be doing it again on my upcoming cruise.

When you go online and fill out funpass info each person can put in their own credit card information.

Then when you get to the port and actually check in you give them credit card again. We each gave our own.

You will have no problem with this.

BUT.. Remember one person will be the main billing person. So if someone helps themselves to the contents of the mini bar one person will be billed.. My nephew was drinking sodas out of the fridge and neither me or my sister knew this. We had asked the stewart to remove everything (we needed the room for our smuggled stuff, but he just removed the booze). I was billed for all the soda's even though we had set up separate accounts. No big deal but just a heads up. If someone loses a towel or something that one person is on the hook for any charges.

Absolutely. What I typically do is call Carnival a few days before and put some money on my account. I fill my funpass out as cash. Then when you go to the port, you'll check in all together with your documentation and the card each of you wants to use. They're used to it so it doesn't take any time at all when you're checking in.

Archived