Ft. Lauderdale Hotel Free Transfers to Port?

stones902

We are booked pre-cruise at the Courtyard by Marriott Airport and Cruise Port in Ft. Lauderdale. The property advertises free transfers to Port Everglades for all of their guests. Has anyone taken advantage of this service and what was your opinion of it? Is it efficient?

I am wondering if the free transfers are actually worth the trouble. A cab from the hotel to Port Everglades might run at the most $10 - $15. If the free transfer service is a shared service with other properties in the area I can foresee wasting lots of time picking people up and loading luggage when we could be checking into the ship.

Your opinions please??? Thanks!

While I have not stayed at this particular hotel, I have stayed at hotels that offer this service and I have used it every time. I find it to be efficient. If you get to the hotel and find that the time that you wanted to leave for the pier is booked, then just simple take a cab, everything in Ft. Lauderdale is close and it shouldn't run you more than $10 - $15 for a cab ride.

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at Marina Marriott with another couple for our latest cruise. We signed up for the shuttle right after checking in. The hotel was full. We picked our time and after breakfast went outside to get shuttle. The doorman said the driver would be right out and voila, she was there right on time. No hassle. With another couple, we would have had to take two cabs as the four of us and luggage would not fit. :D Each couple tipped the driver. We were the only ones on the shuttle.:) I would assume your Marriott shuttle will work the same way. We were at the ship by 11:am and joined the line waiting for the doors to open.:)

i just secured the courtyard by marriott cruise/airport with 15000 marriott reward points, I got by applying for a marriott rewards visa card.

I'll let you know how it goes, the reviews look ok, but i don't expect much for free.

JJ

The only time we had a problem with a shuttle was not cruise related but just outside Ft. Lauderdale. The hotel DID NOT have their own shuttle and you had to sign up for one of the shuttles they used, depending on where you were going. There was quite a mixup (driver told us we belonged to him when we did not). Once aboard and on our way, we knew something was wrong. In any event, we got to the airport ok but you have to watch these "freelancers", they will say anything to get your fare. This is not the first and only time it has happened to anyone.

Marina Marriott does not pick you up at the airport, but our cab ride was $10+tip. There is a dispatcher right there and there are no shennagins with the drivers. As previously stated, the hotel was booked, but depending on what ship you were on, is when they took you to PO. There were various times in the morning and early afternoon. We chose mid morning. No problem at all.:)

The hotel is lovely. Great place to stay - we took the water shuttle to Los Olas and then went to Cheesecake Factory for supper. Short walk back to Water shuttle and then back to hotel bar for night cap. All in all a great evening and great way to start your cruise.

They will tell you they have a buffet breakfast (which they do) but you can still order off the menu.:)

You're much better off not worrying about shuttles... Stay at one of the SE17th Street hotels and take taxis, thost hotels are close to both the port, airport, water taxi, and are in a safe area. Taxis are cheap and plentiful.

• 1 month later...

Wondering how this hotel worked out for you...have a reservation at Marriott Courtyard Airport/Cruiseport in Dania, also using my Marriott points. I'm trying to determine what is nearby...restaurants, grocery store, liquor store, etc. Any info would be appreciated

Beachy2,

We stayed there one night before our Zuiderdam cruise last Oct,

the only other place for food is a Subway sandwich shop that is part of a building containing the Fishing Hall of Fame-it closes at about 5pm.

Hotel was very nice, some amount of noise from a near by train station.

Unlike the Embassy Suites- nothing else within walking distance.

Tripadvisor.com has a few reviews of the hotel

Archived