Non Past Guest at Past Guest Party?

I'm hoping someone here can help me with this. I am traveling with another couple in May on the Destiny. Me & DH are past guest and 1 of the other couple is a past guest. Being our first 5 day cruise (previous for me has been 3 & 4 day cruises), I've never been to a past guest party so I'm looking forward to it.

Would my friend who is a past guest be able to bring her BF who is not a past guest to the party since he is on her booking? Obviously the 3 of us don't want to leave him behind by himself while we go enjoy the party. We were hoping he'd be able to come along and enjoy the fun :)

I'm hoping someone here can help me with this. I am traveling with another couple in May on the Destiny. Me & DH are past guest and 1 of the other couple is a past guest. Being our first 5 day cruise (previous for me has been 3 & 4 day cruises), I've never been to a past guest party so I'm looking forward to it.

Would my friend who is a past guest be able to bring her BF who is not a past guest to the party since he is on her booking? Obviously the 3 of us don't want to leave him behind by himself while we go enjoy the party. We were hoping he'd be able to come along and enjoy the fun :)

The one that is a past guest should be getting the invite, and is allowed a companion.

Should not be a problem as one of you will have an invite left in your cabin.;)

I wasn't sure if the invite specified "past guest only"

The ones I have been to did not check that closely. They will put an invite in your room. Just have the BF hold the invite and everyone else have their gold S & S card out and you should be fine.

Good Idea...thanks!

The one that is a past guest should be getting the invite, and is allowed a companion.

Exactly what I was hoping. We are really looking forward to the party and the free drinks....Finally I get to go to one after 3 short cruises :D

The best answer anyone can give is MAYBE. It will all depend on how many past guests are booked for your particular cruise. On my first Carnival cruise my cabinmate (mom) was a PG but the invite was specific that the party was limited to only PGs no plus ones. On my second CCL but my husband's first w/ them, they did allow any passengers booked in the same cabin to attend with the PG, and quite frankly the place was still pretty empty. On my 3rd CCL cruise there were so many PGs that they held 2 PG parties on different days.

Should not be a problem as one of you will have an invite left in your cabin.;)

Last year on the Liberty, each person in the cabin received their own invite with their name on it which they checked against your S&S card on entering the PG party. As someone said, sometimes they are very diligent, sometimes not.

Last year on the Liberty, each person in the cabin received their own invite with their name on it which they checked against your S&S card on entering the PG party. As someone said, sometimes they are very diligent, sometimes not.

I've found this to be true also. Usually they are not so diligent, but every once in a while they surprise you!

Just off the Conquest. The past guest party was really crowded. And to accommodate everyone, they had an early party (ours started at 4:15) and a later party after that. DH and I each had an invitation. I don't remember them checking them against our S&S cards, but it did feel like a bit of a head count with each person needing a card.

Having said that, I would just take the one invitation for both of you. Hopefully they'll let you both in. But I wouldn't have the first-timer BLUE sail&sign card hanging from the newbie's neck!

Do all the cruises have past guest parties? I was on the Triumph in February and do not recall getting an invitation to a past guest party. I'll also be cruising on the Ecstasy next month--do they have a past guest party? When are these parties generally held?

Thanks for any info.

Do all the cruises have past guest parties? I was on the Triumph in February and do not recall getting an invitation to a past guest party. I'll also be cruising on the Ecstasy next month--do they have a past guest party? When are these parties generally held?

Thanks for any info.

The past guest parties are only held on cruises that are 5 nights or longer. Some ships instead of placing the invite in your cabin put it in the little "mailbox" outside your cabin door. If you feel that you should have receive an invite and have not by the end of the 1st full day on board inquire at the GS desk.

Prepare to be underwhelmed.

LOL, what exactly is the past guest party.....free drinks, reduced price drinks? When is it usually and you get an invite? Our second carnival cruise was a short 3day so no past guest party there. We may go to this one to check it out tho.

LOL, what exactly is the past guest party.....free drinks, reduced price drinks? When is it usually and you get an invite? Our second carnival cruise was a short 3day so no past guest party there. We may go to this one to check it out tho.

Free drinks... they come around with trays of "strange" drinks like Harvey wallbangers/tequila sunrises/etc. BUT you can request anything and they will go back to the bar and get it... may take a bit.

One time I ordered Rum/diet coke/Rum "goombay smash" and another rum drink, they were back in about 5 minutes with them.

The past guest party is basically the cd talking a bit, maybe a couple "games". They show all the ships in the fleet on a screen and everyone claps/yells when their ships are shown. The waiters hand out free drinks and canapes. Most drinks are wine, rum punch, screwdrivers, melonballs, however, you may ask for something specific. Our lido deck waiter happened to see us in the past guest party and loaded us up with beer, then said "here, try this"....and sat several different drinks on our table. He took very good care of us throughout the trip. We walked in, staggered out. It was great!

This trip we will have 3 past guests and 1 newbie. I'm hoping we can take her as well. I don't want to leave her behind. We'll have several opportunities for unlimited drinks this time: Meet & Greet, Past Guest Party, Farewell Party. Can't wait!

Free drinks... they come around with trays of "strange" drinks like Harvey wallbangers/tequila sunrises/etc. BUT you can request anything and they will go back to the bar and get it... may take a bit.

One time I ordered Rum/diet coke/Rum "goombay smash" and another rum drink, they were back in about 5 minutes with them.

Does this include plain sodas and mixed drinks (both non and alcoholic) like pina colada?

Does this include plain sodas and mixed drinks (both non and alcoholic) like pina colada?

Our grand daughters ordered virgin strawberry daiquiris and the waiter made a special trip to the bartender to get them, no problem.

On my January 2012 cruise, I was a past guest and my friend was not. I asked at guest services if she would be able to attend with me and was told that I could bring one companion.

However, she wasn't back when our party was held (4-5 pm, with another scheduled right after), so I went without her. She managed to get herself in (sans invite card) by entering the theatre on level 3 and working her way down. I have no idea how she managed this and don't recommend it -- but there she was!

I've never seen them check sail and sign cards, but often skip the "party".

I have seen people totally ignore the door people and walk on in as if they didn't understand a word of English, but then, that was in Europe.

If in doubt, just ask the CD for permission or ask at Guest Services and explain the situation.

Archived