Carnival Miracle whereabouts unkown!

rydan

Does anyone know why the Miracle repo from Ft. Lauderdale to NYC next week is not an available 2 day cruise?

The ships schedule shows a return to FLL on the 10th. But on the 12th it is in NYC. Really curious.

Has to do with the JOnes Act (or whatever it is called). SInce the ship is flagged in a foreign country, it cannot sail from one US port to another without having a foreign port in there somehow....I hope I got that right. SO if I am correct, it will sail to NY empty.

I do believe that it has to do with the Jones Act. Carnival has chosen, at least the past few years to sail without passengers when it repositions the Miracle between FLL and NY. My guess is that the beards determined that it's more profitable to lose 2 days revenue than to have a reposition cruise with passengers because the revenue would be less.

I do believe that it has to do with the Jones Act. Carnival has chosen, at least the past few years to sail without passengers when it repositions the Miracle between FLL and NY. My guess is that the beards determined that it's more profitable to lose 2 days revenue than to have a reposition cruise with passengers because the revenue would be less.

While there are lost profits sailing the ship empty, it gives the crew time to fully clean, inspect and do maintenance work that could be hard to complete with a ship full of passengers.

Archived