Island Escape 2012

WoolyBully

I was on last week for the maiden voyage of the season and can tell you that the ship has been carpeted throughout the public areas to the extent that the fluff is still coming off it.

It looked like they had put new door skins on the cabin doors, and lined the interior of the showers with white plastic sheeting(covering the little pink tiles) and put a new shower curtain up(still sticks to you though), apart from that the obligatory white paint on every thing that doesn't move.

Booked the 19th off work but haven't booked cruise yet as daughter#2's passport is out of date so have to wait till it comes back before we can book.

Danni said there's not many kids on the ship this week. But it's fairly full.

The four singers did their own cabaret last night which she said went well.

Wish i was there this week fed up of the rain now!

We are going back on the IE for the 2nd time on the 28th of August - last time 4 years ago - have heard the AI drinks are not as good as before (no premium drinks like Gordon's gin etc) - is this right? :(

me again - sorry just found the drinks package thread - enough on there to satisfy us ;-)

Hi there everyone I am new to this looking for honest to goodness info on Island Escape have booked for July and I am terrified after reading some reviews of the ship I will be travelling with my 2 kids 5 & 9 on deck 5/6 not sure of cabin yet. We sailed on Liberty of the Seas last year I under stand it will be no Liberty but from some reviews I am now half expecting a Tug Boat please help:confused:

Worry not, it's definitely not 'all fir coat and no knickers'.:D Just the opposite as it's better inside than out. The cabins are basic but the foods ok, as is the entertainment. What it lacks over other ships it makes up for in friendliness. We all joke about it's little failings but please don't let it affect you. After all a cruise is mostly about the places you visit AND it is a bit cheaper than the others.:)

Jan

Thanks, am thinking Stenna Line "Roslare to Pembroke" how bad, as you say it was cheap and had airfare included which is a major plus from Ireland as the price of regular airlines and "no frills " airlines off this island is crazy on Fridays and Saturdays. Even With RCCL discount sales it adds at least €1200 -€1400 extra on to cruise prices .....crazy

• 4 weeks later...

Hi - We are sailing on the Island Escape (for the 1st time) on the 5th June 2012. We are on the cruise & stay - ie the first week sailing the Med and the second week we are staying in a Majorca Hotel. We have been reading all the reviews, and hopefully we are going to thoroughly enjoy our time - obviously we know it isn't going to be 'posh', but as long as our balcony cabin is clean - we will be okay. The food sounds okay also ............ here's hoping for a brilliant time. Just one point I would like to ask - is shower gel/shampoo freely available in the cabins or do you advise us to take our own. No problem really, but with all the weight restrictions etc - if they provide toiletries then we won't bother taking our own.

Archived