just booked! cruise in 8 days...

withaneye7

As a very type-A person, I can't believe my FI convinced me to do this... but we just booked a 5-day out of NOLA on the Elation, leaving on April 16. We've only been on one cruise before this (Destiny in August 2011) and will be celebrating my birthday on the cruise. Someone tell me I am not crazy?? :) We are so excited!

Hope to share a trip report soon.

Happy Birthday, and NO you are not crazy...you'd be crazy to pass it up. Enjoy, and as a type A, try not to spend every waking second between now and 4/16 planning out every second of every day on your cruise! Who knows...this just may be your first step toward the dark side (type B).

Windu, that's exactly what I plan to do! I've already got a list started. We booked the resident rate, which means we won't know what cabin we'll get (and I know, it could be terrible... but I'll try to make the best of whatever happens!), but it meant a $199 pp price! More $ for DODs. Thanks everyone and if you have tips for planning this short out, I'd love to hear them!

My DH and I did a Pack N Go last year, had basically a guaranty balcony, and we ended up getting an extended balcony...it was awesome. Loved it so much, we booked another cruise for this year on the same ship, in an extended balcony.

Noise doesn't really bother me too much, but if you are sensitive to it, just take some ear plugs to be prepared. I don't think it will be an issue though.

Have fun! I am on the Elation right before you.

You aren't crazy,if you are then we are. We just booked our cruise the other day when it was less than two weeks away. We always book last minute. Longest I have had was a month out for a cruise.

I have no patience to wait months, plus we have flexible jobs and live within a driving distance of many ports.

Have fun and happy birthday!

As a very type-A person, I can't believe my FI convinced me to do this... but we just booked a 5-day out of NOLA on the Elation, leaving on April 16. We've only been on one cruise before this (Destiny in August 2011) and will be celebrating my birthday on the cruise. Someone tell me I am not crazy?? :) We are so excited!

Hope to share a trip report soon.

We will be on the same cruise! You ought to join our roll call. Some others on the roll call will be celebrating their birthday too. Here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1516050. Would love for you to join in.

It would be kool to book a cruise that close.

I'm just reaching the end of my longest booked cruise.

Booked 1 1/2 yrs ago, and now I finally, finally, cruise on the 13th. Yay :D:

Happy Birthday, and have a great cruise.

If you are crazy, then I must be crazier too. I just got back from cruising Mexican Riviera. I booked this cruise 1 day before the sail date. Talk about rushing to pack, booking my flight, finding a hotel all at the same day, was very stressful lol. Will I do it again? Hell yeah :D

Archived