Review of the Ruby Princess, April 1st sailing the eastern Caribbean

BugsyCruiser

Thank You So Much... For Your Nice Review, And Wonderful Pictures!!! I Will Be Sailing On Her, April 2013!! I Also Sailing Solo!!!

How Was The Santuary?? Is It Worth The Price?? Is The Steamrooms, And Sauna's Free?? Please Keep The Pictures Coming!!! Once Again.. Thanks!!

I think the Sanctuary was worth it. This was our first time on a ship with a Sanctuary and we really liked it. it was nice having a chair reserved for the week. Not having to get up early on seas days or worry about losing the seat if we left it for awhile. Also, having the afternoon tea served every day was awesome. I became addicted to the scones.

The Ruby does have a free sauna and steam room in the mens changing room in the Spa.

Jim

Wonderful upgrade to set the tone for an incredible cruise. We love the Ruby and have her booked for Thanksgiving week this year. Glad you enjoyed the cruise and will be joining the family. November will be our 27th cruise on most Princess ships starting back with the Sun Princess, and we like the current grand class ships and look forward to the next Royal Princess, hoping that she'll be as special in having a great godmothere as the last RP. Did you book your next cruise onboard...it helps with the debarkation spearation anxiety :-)

Wonderful upgrade to set the tone for an incredible cruise. We love the Ruby and have her booked for Thanksgiving week this year. Glad you enjoyed the cruise and will be joining the family. November will be our 27th cruise on most Princess ships starting back with the Sun Princess, and we like the current grand class ships and look forward to the next Royal Princess, hoping that she'll be as special in having a great godmothere as the last RP. Did you book your next cruise onboard...it helps with the debarkation spearation anxiety :-)

I wasn't sure what cruise I wanted to do next so I bought a couple of future cruise credits on board. Yesterday I booked the Caribbean Princess to Princess Cays, Curacao, and Aruba. I actually cancelled my cruise on Allure and opted for this instead. I think I've found the perfect size ship.

Well time to get back to the ship. Eclipse sailed out about an hour before we did. Now it's on to St. Thomas. I love what Captain Yeomans said during his evening announcement "We will be proceeding to St. Thomas at breakneck speed. Yes, a whole whooping 10 knots!"

386.jpg

388.jpg

390.jpg

396.jpg

I am disappointed that we have not yet fabricated things the Captain said during the CC meetup to post here so he can read them later and shake his head!

I had fun on this trip, it was good to meet you, Bugsy, and watch you take all my money out of my favorite slot machine. ;P

I wasn't sure what cruise I wanted to do next so I bought a couple of future cruise credits on board. Yesterday I booked the Caribbean Princess to Princess Cays, Curacao, and Aruba. I actually cancelled my cruise on Allure and opted for this instead. I think I've found the perfect size ship.

Enjoying your pictures. FCCs are a great way to go and I always try and keep 2 or 3 of them for both DH and myself for that moment when..."I'm gettin' a thought here" and my DH grimmaces. Oh well...one of us has to keep booking the cruises, and for all of my thoughts, he's never stayed home...ha ha ha.

I am disappointed that we have not yet fabricated things the Captain said during the CC meetup to post here so he can read them later and shake his head!

I had fun on this trip, it was good to meet you, Bugsy, and watch you take all my money out of my favorite slot machine. ;P

LOL... I think I left a few pennies in the machine... :D

Report card for St. Maarten(my first time there)

I liked it a lot and would enjoy going there again, with a different excursion next time of course...

Tour: A-

Island: A-

So far, my favorite stop is still St. Thomas but St. Maarten definitely a very close second

Woke up to currently my favorite port, St. Thomas. We were the only ship there... nice to have the island to ourselves. I opted for the tour of St. John. Definitely some very beautiful scenery there

403.jpg

404.jpg

405.jpg

407.jpg

Hey! They brought in my yacht.... yeah right

409.jpg

I think the Sanctuary was worth it. This was our first time on a ship with a Sanctuary and we really liked it. it was nice having a chair reserved for the week. Not having to get up early on seas days or worry about losing the seat if we left it for awhile. Also, having the afternoon tea served every day was awesome. I became addicted to the scones.

The Ruby does have a free sauna and steam room in the mens changing room in the Spa.

Jim

Thank You Jim!!!!

Hey Bugsy!! I Feel You!! I'm Also Looking For My Perfect Size Ship!!;)

I Was Also Booked On The Allure, But Switched To The Freedom!!!

Man, Looking At Your Great Pictures, Have Me Super Excited To Sail The Ruby!!! I Feel As I Should've Done This Years Ago!!!:confused:

Keep The Pictures Coming, My Freind!!!:)

We are considering booking the Ruby for November and luckily I found this review. The pictures are beautiful and it has me anxious to make a decision. Guess I'll go talk to DH and call the folks we generally cruise with and see if they are ready to commit. I am.

We are considering booking the Ruby for November and luckily I found this review. The pictures are beautiful and it has me anxious to make a decision. Guess I'll go talk to DH and call the folks we generally cruise with and see if they are ready to commit. I am.

You won't regret it in my humble opinion.... I'll have more photos up later. Ruby is a great ship to cruise on

I am glad to hear that you decided to go there. I lived there for a year back in the very early 70's and it is a special place for me. Some of the most beautiful beaches are on that island and it is still mostly National Park. I worked on a sailboat that was moored in the harbor there. Cheap rum, Steel drum bands and young vacationing women.. memorable times indeed. I visited there again with my wife celebrating our 25th anniversary on the RCI cruise.. Took a taxi from the ship to Red Hook, then the ferry to St John. Rented a jeep and visited all my old favorite places. Little had changed once you got out of town.

Archived