Have you been to Paradise Beach in Cozumel?

wework2play

If so, I have a couple questions.

What time do they open in the morning?

Do they always offer parasailing? Any idea how much $?

I hope this doesn't get moved..I asked the same questions on the Coz port of call board, but this area gets quicker responses ;)

Not sure about opening time. I was just there on Wed. I can tell you that they close around 5:30. We got there around noon and it was packed, hard to find chairs. By about 2pm it started to empty out as various ships were leaving. By about 5 there had to be less than 50 people there. We really enjoyed it though. I did not see any parasailing offerred.

i went there last year and beleive me is good. to go in is only two dollars we just took a taxi and 12 dollars if you want to use the floating games on the beach. nice pool, and food. i did the parasailing its 90 dollars for two peopple. and we went at 9 am. i hope this help you.

A little off topic but when we went to Paradise Beach, the water was filthy and had lots of sea grass which was creepy to walk through and very rocky near the shoreline. A lady fell trying to get out of the water and banged up her knees pretty bad. Has anyone else had a bad experience here?

I've been there twice. Loved it both times! There was seaweed there last month, but it's still really nice overall. Great snorkeling out at the end of the pier. That's also where they'll pick you up to take you out parasailing. I don't know when they open, as our ship didn't even get in until 10am last month. There were tons of open chairs when we arrived, but it did start to fill up, as we had one of the most crowded port days (statistically) that they can possibly have. Even though it was hard for late-comers to find chairs together, the beach and the water toys never felt like they were overly crowded.

We have been twice. First time was in December 2009. Water was okay. We had a great time and the kids loved the big inflatable water toys.

Second time was July 2010. Water was very murky and there were tons of gnats. It is not the owners fault but after that visit we decided that next time we were in Cozumel we would do something different. If there are a lot of ships in port expect it to be crowded. We had he same thing happen where around 2 a lot of people went back to their ships. Overall it's a great place but the beach isn't.

A little off topic but when we went to Paradise Beach, the water was filthy and had lots of sea grass which was creepy to walk through and very rocky near the shoreline. A lady fell trying to get out of the water and banged up her knees pretty bad. Has anyone else had a bad experience here?

I was there in 2010 and didn't care for it. Water was brown/murky, rocky and stunk pretty bad. But, in all fairness, a hurricane had blown through the week prior.

We were there in Jan and as others have said the beach is not the best in Coz but the pool was great.

Not many ships in Coz that day so not very crowded.

For $2.00 it is a good deal. They do expect you to buy drinks and food which is OK.

We've been there twice. Water was very clean. I don't remember seeing parasailing being offered however both times we went our excursions were canceled because of strong wind so maybe that's why it wasn't available.

If you plan to drink there I wouldn't buy a wristband for use of the water toys. After you spend $20 in food/drinks they give you the wristband for free. (been a few months so this may have changed)

2 ships in port, and 3 in port off-season (school in session) loved it. I really prefer the alla carte approach and the new pool is spectacular. However, during high season with lots of families cruising, would stay away unless 2 or fewer ships in port. Chaotic at best and otherwise exceptional staff attention suffers.

If so, I have a couple questions.

What time do they open in the morning?

Do they always offer parasailing? Any idea how much $?

I hope this doesn't get moved..I asked the same questions on the Coz port of call board, but this area gets quicker responses ;)

dont know what time they open

prasailing was 75

place is great go there every time we are in port.......

Last week I found the water to be murky and rocky along the shore. Kids still loved the water toys. The pool was fantastic! After about 20 minutes in the ocean we spent the rest of the time in the pool. I would not hesitate to go back there.

I have been there twice. I really enjoyed it the first time, 2011. But in Feb of this year while I was there, the service was bad. I believe they open at 8am. Kids had a great time. Perhaps when I and DH go next year we may try Mr. Sanchos....I hear it is all inclusive for the entry fee......and since no kids=great time for us!

It was awful like that when I was there last april.

I have been there six times and love it and i have had some merkey water and seaweed but that only happens after a heavey rain or hurricain and they have to regrade the sand cause it does kick up the rocks not a big deal for me .. the new pool is awsome they have vendors that walk the beach to sell the excursions i think parasailing was 90.00 bucks but you can haggle with them the food and drinks are good it cost 2.00 for a beach chair at the pool or the beach well worth it if you want to use the floating water toys it is 12.00 per person a cab is $14.00 each way to and from the port ..

We have been four times in the last ten years.

The water on the right side is not rocky... the further right you stay, the better.

They open as soon as the Cruise ships arrive. We were the second family to arrive on our latest visit!! As a previous poster said, Parasailing is offered throughout the day.... if you cant get it at Paradise, just walk next door to the neighboring beach!!

I only paid the $2.. while my kids paid for the Activity bracelet. A great time!

Pictures are included in my review and webshots link below!

Catrin

We have been there twice and had a great experience both times. We are leaving on the Legend this Sunday and plan on visiting Paradise beach a week from today.

We were last there this past September, and as some people have mentioned there was lots of sea grass all over the beach. However, there were seveal men who spent a good hour cleaning up all the sea grass and raked the beach. We were there pretty early, but if we have arrived around 11, you wouldn't have even known the grass had been there.

Archived