Golf Program by NCL in Hawaii

lonig

Did anyone use NCL's excursions to play golf while in Hawaii? I have booked the Kuaui Lagoon for Monday of our cruise. Do they put you in foursomes? I am the only one who golfs in our group but did not want to miss out on playing at least once while we are in Hawaii. If you golfed this course, would appreciate any tips. Did you bring your own clubs or rent? How are rental clubs if you used them? What is the dress code? Shorts okay? Collared shirts required? What do you need to bring if you rent clubs, shoes and balls? What do they supply with the clubs, towel? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

We just returned from the 4/17 sailing of the Pride of Aloha. My husband and his friends played golf four times on the cruise including Kauai Lagoons. They were very impressed with Kristen who runs the ship's golf program. Kauai Lagoons was their favorite course. Some of their party brought their own clubs, but others rented. The ship has Callaways that you can rent and use at the different courses. You will need your own shoes, balls, and glove, but they do have towels. Shorts and collared shirts were appropriate attire. They do put together foursomes to play.

Thanks for the info, sundial. And thanks for starting this thread, lonig. I'm also interested in this program when I cruise POAmerica in January.

Sundial, what other courses did your husband play, and how would he rank them? I won't bring my clubs if I'm only playing a game or two. Three I may, but then I want to see the other sites too. What a dilemma!:D

My husband and his friends also played Hapuna Beach at Kona through the ship and Poipu on Kauai and the Wailea Gold course on Maui on their own. They liked Kauai Lagoons the best, then Poipu, then Wailea, and Hapuna Beach the least. They felt that it was located too far from the ship. He said that you can make your reservations on board through the golf program director and she can give you advice.

Thanks for you, and your husband's advice. Kauai is so beautiful that I have a hard time devoting both days to golfing. I have my eyes on those two courses as well, guess I'll just have to pick one, probably Lagoons as per your advice. Wailea will be my choice for Maui.

Thanks again.

Any other golfers out there who have played these courses? Would appreciate your input. Do they have a driving range and putting or chipping area for you to warm up? Are there a lot of golfers playing? I am a female golfer, are there any women playing these courses, do they have tee boxes for women? Any additional information would be appreciated.

Archived