Is there still a captain's reception/welcome aboard party?

lightnin

I was wondering if there is still a Captain's reception? If so, where is it and what time and day is it held? What are the perks? Are the drinks $1 off? Where can you buy your drinks at the discounted price? Thanks in advance for the help!

I was wondering if there is still a Captain's reception? If so, where is it and what time and day is it held? What are the perks? Are the drinks $1 off? Where can you buy your drinks at the discounted price? Thanks in advance for the help!

The Captains reception is held on the 1st formal night in the bars on the Promenade and the drinks are $1 off. The Captain and Senior crew are available to visit with and take pictures with.

There are no other perks.

When is the first formal night typically?

On most of the ships I've been on it's been the 1st sea day, and on a 7 day cruise the 2nd formal night is usually the night before the last night of the cruise.

On most of the ships I've been on it's been the 1st sea day, and on a 7 day cruise the 2nd formal night is usually the night before the last night of the cruise.

On occasion they will move it around a bit.

Personally does not matter to us what day it is. When we go to the steakhouse usually somewhere in the middle of the cruise.

Does anyone know what the "Family Welcome Aboard Party" is that is held on the first evening of the cruise? I was looking at a copy of the Magic's Fun Times and saw this listed, which is different than the Captain's Party. :confused:

Does anyone know what the "Family Welcome Aboard Party" is that is held on the first evening of the cruise? I was looking at a copy of the Magic's Fun Times and saw this listed, which is different than the Captain's Party. :confused:

Usually follow the "orientation meeting" of Camp Carnival. It's organize by camp carnival and is held in the disco. Disco nignt and games for parents and childrens together, Funship Freddy is usually present.

Archived