Starboard cabin on this Cruise? 19 Night Hal Mediterranean

triodes

http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-cruise-vacation/CruiseDetails.action?voyageCode=I244A&destCode=&dateCode=&durationCode=&portCode=&shipCodeSearch=&pageNumber=0&flexibleMonths=false&noOfFlexibleMonths=1

Not sure how much it would matter - but it would be nice to sit on the balcony and watch the land sights as we go by.

It appears from looking at the image, that after the first several days most approaches and departures will be on starboard side.

Input appreciated.

itinerary.jpg.89862426a237483e55d2a0ad1be502db.jpg

First of all, except for sailing into and out of ports, you will be sailing too far from land to see anything. When sailing out of Venice, you want to be on the port side, although up top is best, because there are beautiful sights all around. EM

I thought that might be the case -

Am somewhat making an assumption that most approaches will have more land view on one side - and that it will usually but not necessarily be the side closest to land rather than sea - although would be dependent on specific harbor and approach.

This cruise appears to be 2 B2B so am hoping that someone who has been on one or both portions might chime in.

Just looking at the .GIF, looks to me like the first 4 or 5 will be port, most of the rest starboard.

The second part of mu upcoming cruise is the first part of yours - Venice to Barcelona. I have been to some of the ports already...Santorini is tender, so it makes no difference. Civitavecchia is a commercial port, nothing to see except other ships, which can be interesting, but there is no way to predict whether the ship will turn around before docking. Livorno is also commercial, nothing to see but colorful ferries and other ships. Monaco is lovely, but if they back in, starboard won't have a view...and as there is an Azamara ship there that day, one of you will have to tender. EM

Looking more and more like it doesn't really matter which side of the ship we will be on -

This will be our first cruise, but more importantly - it's our 30th Anniversary celebration - so, I'm trying to make sure I am diligent in making preparations:D

Archived