Cabin Crawl??

Airforce81

Typically get 8-10 members of roll call to volunteer to show your cabins and you go as a group from first to last.

Nice if you have a vaariety of cabins including aft wrap and suite to show off.

Better if you have drinks to offer at each cabin.

We had one on our Feb. cruise and had fun with it. We probably had about 15 people participating. It was pretty funny when 15 people came pouring out of an inside cabin (think clown car). LOL. I'm sure we got some strange looks from other passengers. The couple that organized it for us had several deck of playing cards and handed out a card to each person at each cabin stop. The person with the best hand at the end of the crawl got a prize.

Omg...we have over 70 people committed to our cabin crawl on our upcoming cruise! You know how many pounds of snacks and drinks it takes to feed 70 plus people?!?! I have one suitcase just full of that stuff! Should be a wide time!

Omg...we have over 70 people committed to our cabin crawl on our upcoming cruise! You know how many pounds of snacks and drinks it takes to feed 70 plus people?!?! I have one suitcase just full of that stuff! Should be a wide time!

Snacks? How about drinks! LOL, have a great time!

So there's no real problem bringing some snacks on board? I didn't factor it into our plans, but it's Passover. My wife is planning on bringing some Pesadich snacks in case they can't be found in our travels both onboard and later cruising around central Florida.

Me? I'm a heathen, I'm going to eat anything and everything. :D

Usually someone from your Roll Call will plan the Cabin Crawl. We had 65 people signed up on our Roll Call, then we all did varying things. I was the chairperson of the Meet & Greet (had about 50 attend), another gal chaired the gift exchange (at the M&G), another gal chaired the slot pull on a totally different day, another gal chaired the Cabin Crawl with a poker draw (almost every cabin had some sort of libation [champagne, wine, preztels, crackers, etc and the piece de resistance, the host & hostess had chocolate shooters with liquore whipping cream], and then a small group of us did a specialty dinner at Cagney's to celebrate birthdays. That way not one person was stuck doing everying. The number of participants for each event varied. We had as few as 9, but we had about 30 people on our cabin crawl but only about 15 in the poker draw. I think we went to 7 cabins, very interesting seeing the Suite Life.

Our cruise was terribly rough weather with missed port, so the CC events made our cruise.

So there's no real problem bringing some snacks on board? I didn't factor it into our plans, but it's Passover. My wife is planning on bringing some Pesadich snacks in case they can't be found in our travels both onboard and later cruising around central Florida.

Me? I'm a heathen, I'm going to eat anything and everything. :D

We liberate snacks from lido deck. Cookies, cheese, etc

Typically get 8-10 members of roll call to volunteer to show your cabins

and you go as a group from first to last.

Nice if you have a variety of cabins including aft wrap and suite to show off.

Better if you have drinks to offer at each cabin.

Never had the opportunity to do one, and probably never shall

since wife and I rarely travel as part of any group

but it's gotta be great fun and educational as well.

Do you really want a bunch of strangers crammed in your cabin anyway?

That's our big concern. A bunch of strangers in your cabin and when they leave some of your items might leave with them?

That's our big concern. A bunch of strangers in your cabin and when they leave some of your items might leave with them?

I also agree, It sounds fun but there's two things that I don't care for... a bunch of strangers/people I just met in my room and those people knowing where my room is.. I'm all for a Roll Call Party, just not in my room!

We have a very active rollcall for upcoming Magic Cruise. We are having a private party and two cabin crawls. I think it is going to a ton of fun. We are doing poker/cabin crawls - and here are the rules: When I post my review after the cruise, I will make sure and include the details of how much fun we had. We are all anxiously awaiting our Magic Cruise.

Crawl Director Details:

• You will need a knowledge of poker to be able to determine the winning hand.
  • Purchase packs of cards (enough so each poker player can pull one at each of the first 5 cabins on the crawl).
  • At the first crawl cabin collect $5 from each Cabin Crawler who is playing poker along the way and record their names.
  • Join in on the crawl!
  • At each of the first 5 cabins on the crawl let the poker players select ONE random card from your deck and record it. Write that players name on the card and have the poker player keep it.
  • Make sure the crawl moves along. No more than 15 minutes at a cabin.
  • After all of the 5 card poker hands are recorded give pot (money!) to the winner.

Crawl Director Needs: Paper, pen and packs of cards.

Cabin Hosting Details:

• Please provide one of the following: beer/shot/soda or snack for the crawlers who go to your cabin. Something native to your hometown/region is always a good idea.
  • If there are any non-alcoholic drinkers on the crawl you will be given this information prior to the cruise. If providing a beverage please try to have an option of soda/juice available for these non-alcoholic drinkers.
  • Open up your cabin for 10-15 minutes for the cabin crawlers.
  • Offer the drink/snack to each person that visits your cabin.
  • Crawlers and Hosts will then proceed to the next cabin.

Each Cabin Host Needs: Please have a beverage or snack offering for each Cabin Crawler.

Cabin Crawling Details:

• Sign up as a Cabin Crawler ASAP. The number of cabin crawlers will be limited to 25.
  • Non-alcoholic drinkers please identify yourselves beforehand so Cabin Hosts are prepared.
  • Feel free to bring your Cabin Hosts a small gift. Maybe something from your hometown, anything is appreciated!
  • Pay $5 to the Crawl Director at the first cabin in the crawl if you are playing poker along the way.
  • Poker players, after finishing your beverage or snack at each of the first 5 cabins, collect your playing card from the Crawl Director.
  • Go from cabin to cabin in the order pre-determined.
  • Once the Crawl Director has recorded the last card at the 5th cabin, the player with best 5 card poker hand wins the pot!!!
  • Cabin Crawl will be limited to 25 crawlers. If there is enough interest another crawl can be set up. This will require a new Crawl Director and new set of Cabin Hosts.

Each Crawler Should: Save any glasses so they can be used at the next cabin. Be respectful of Hosts and their cabins.

on my first cruise, i helped organize our cabin crawl. it was a great way to see some of the other cabins. we all met in a central location, I gave out a "map" list of cabins in case any came late or got lost. each cabin host had a deck of cards. for each person who wanted to participate, put in $5. Each cabin host purchased a new deck of cards. there was a deck for each cabin. at the end, the person with the best poker hand won all the money that was in the pot. it was alot of fun. we saw insides, connecting cabins, suites, l shape cabin XL balcony and aft.

the cabin host would open the door, then be the last person to leave as the group would travel on to the next cabin.

some people had wine to offer, some people just brought their own cocktails-depending on the size of your cabin crawl. 50 people is hard to provide cocktails for.

it was fun, and i have done it one more time since the first one. I always enjoy seeing different cabins, different ships, and the way people "do things" in their cabins..ie pack, organize, clean, don't clean etc. :p

Archived