Chin chin restaurant - anyone tried it????

Diamond60

I just noticed that CHIN CHIN opened on the Jewel which wasn't there before when I booked my other specialty restaurants about a month ago. Called NCL and they said that CHIN CHIN's opened on the Jewel March 17th. I haven't heard anyone mentioning Chin Chin's.

Has anyone eaten there? If so, how was it? I'm curious what CC members think of this restaurant. Thanks for your input and responses.

Do you mean that they just opened up pre-booking for Chin Chin? I ask because Chin Chin has been on the Jewel for years. I dined there on my Trans-Atlantic back in 2009 and it was probably there long before that.

I very much enjoyed Chin Chin. The food was freshly prepared and we were allowed to order multiple dishes to be served family-style. The banana pancakes w/ coconut ice cream for dessert was excellent.

I just noticed that CHIN CHIN opened on the Jewel which wasn't there before when I booked my other specialty restaurants about a month ago. Called NCL and they said that CHIN CHIN's opened on the Jewel March 17th. I haven't heard anyone mentioning Chin Chin's.

Has anyone eaten there? If so, how was it? I'm curious what CC members think of this restaurant. Thanks for your input and responses.

Chin Chin was there both times we cruised on the Jewel in 2011.

The food is very good!

We tried it the first night last December. Had a new thing called the HOT POT. Actually, it is big soup and everything is placed in it: meat, chicken vegetables, and you cook at the table. Since we didn't know what to do, the waiter did the cooking. It was really really good.

We are from NYC so the chinese stuff was a bit to our liking. It is a New York city thing.

Does anyone have a sample menu? Im curious as to what kind of food they have. Is it Chinese or just general asian?

It's more Asian fare (Japanese, Thai, Chinese). I've been looking for a menu, but so far, haven't found one...

Here's the menu from the Jewel back in Sept 2009. It's possible that minor changes have occurred since then.

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

For comparison's sake, here's the menu for Orchid Garden on the Gem. It's from Jan 2012, so it's a lot more current. I believe the specialty restaurant menus are fleetwide, which means this menu might be the one used on the Jewel, too.

IMG_4069.jpg

IMG_4070.jpg

IMG_4071.jpg

Archived