Fitness Center - schedule?

tobymonster

Is there any advance posting of the fitness class schedule? (or other ship activities, for that matter!)

My husband and I will be on the May 5 sailing of Silhouette, and I'm curious if any of the workout classes will work for us with our excursion schedules.

You can pick up a schedule for the whole of the cruise on the day you board. If you mean in advance of boarding you can't see a schedule but they tend to follow the same pattern. Free classes at some unearthly hour, paid for classes after that and then lots of 'seminars' during the day. The classes tend to fit in with what's happening during the day, so there will be more going on during sea days.

The Fitness Center opens at 6am...the first class (Morning Stretch...free) is at 7am. Then there is usually either a Cycle/Yoga/or Pilates Class at 8am...all have a fee.

The pay classes have sign-up sheets in the Fitness Center on Embarkation Day...so if you are really interested in what they offer and signing-up, head there and do so...as you might imagine, based on the size and space, classes are limited and some fill up quickly.

Enjoy

Woody

The Fitness Center opens at 6am...the first class (Morning Stretch...free) is at 7am. Then there is usually either a Cycle/Yoga/or Pilates Class at 8am...all have a fee.

The pay classes have sign-up sheets in the Fitness Center on Embarkation Day...so if you are really interested in what they offer and signing-up, head there and do so...as you might imagine, based on the size and space, classes are limited and some fill up quickly.

Enjoy

Woody

Do you know if at 6am the treadmills are also available to use? any idea what traffic in the gym is like between 6 and 7:30am on the machines? this is directly related to a med. cruise...thank you

Thanks, all. I was hoping to be able to see the schedule before getting on the ship (I'm a planner!), but I'll have to wait :-)

We have a lot of early excursions, so I'm not sure we'll be able to take advantage of the classes, but it is good to know that the gym opens at 6 - hopefully we'll be able to make that work. If not, we'll have to go after our excursions before dinner.

Do you know if at 6am the treadmills are also available to use? any idea what traffic in the gym is like between 6 and 7:30am on the machines? this is directly related to a med. cruise...thank you

Yes, everything in the gym is available at 6am (except I think the spin-class cycles)....And if you are lucky, the crew-member responsible for opening the gym door...just might do so a little before 6 !:D (Yes, on the Equinox in the Med, summer of 2010, I got to know the crew-member, and he gladly arrived every morning between 0540-0545 and opened the door...I was through with my cardio pretty much before anyone else even arrived !!)

The gym is NEVER crowded at 6am...usually a small group of "regulars"...depending on port arrival times, it might start getting busy before 7. But the bulk of the crowds, especially on sea days, come later in the day.

Woody

The gym is open at 6 am everyday. The treadmills get busy about 7 or so on the first few days at sea as everyone is using the cruise as a method to kick start their new life. It is like the first few weeks in a new year at the gym.

The longest time I have waited to get on a treadmill is about 10 minutes. There is a 30 minute time limit but that is not usually enforced.

Archived