Partially Obstructed View

nandl2009

We have booked a partially obstructed veranda cabin on Eclipse. Does this mean that the bottom of our veranda will be obstructed by a life boat or something or that we won't be able to see out of our balcony?????

Thank you

L

We have booked a partially obstructed veranda cabin on Eclipse. Does this mean that the bottom of our veranda will be obstructed by a life boat or something or that we won't be able to see out of our balcony?????

Thank you

L

If you indicate the deck/cabin, those familiar with the ship will be better able to answer. From what I've seen, some obstructions are due to lifeboats and others are due to support beams; depending on the deck/location.

I think its cabin 6173 but I'm not sure which deck that is!!

L

cel10_sl06_continental.gif

this is the deck-plan of your ship..... it is Continental-Deck (6)

and here you have a pic of the ship showing the correct side.....

celebrity_eclipse.jpg

deck six is right above deck 5 - obviously - deck 5 is the one with the orange life-boats/tender-boats that you can see....

hop that made it clear....

Cheers

just for your information:

you will have the "bed-by-the-balcony"-layout in this cabin which is different than on most pictures provided by -X- or on the web.....

we do prefer those (bed-by-the-balcony) as it gives more space near the drawer and you can lie in the bed and listen and watch the sea go by..... loved that!

We've stayed in cabin 6175 on the Solstice which is next door to your cabin.

The top of the lifeboat comes up to about floor level with the balcony. You can't look straight down to the ocean, but the view straight out is fine. I remember a lifeboat davit on the right side of our view, but it didn't come up past the railing so it didn't bother us.

Archived