Complaint threads

hannahsmomtoo

I get irritated by the complaint threads in which the OP never responds again..

I love the boards.. ( complaints included ! ) and have learned quite a bit.

But if you are going to post a complaint.. please come back on occasion and check the thread... people have questions / suggestions etc. that they are nice enough to give... you should be around to read and respond.

Just my 2 cents.

and I **do ** realize people can't sit here all day... but there are quite a few of these threads where the OP just never returns ...

But if you are going to post a complaint.. please come back on occasion and check the thread... people have questions / suggestions etc. that they are nice enough to give... you should be around to read and respond.

Just my 2 cents.

Well.......get used to it. Often times it's trolls stiring the pot, or the OP gets flamed and is scared to come back. Happens alot!:)

Sometimes there is no point for the OP to reply. Some posters on CC want your head on a stick immediately if they disagree with your opinion. I have seen some people go way over the top for no reason, IMO. What's the point in replying to posters that are telling you how much of an idiot you are? I think some people just move on....

If someone has a disappointment, i'm OK with that. I do not need to validate my reasons for cruising Carnival. Some posters feel if you are unhappy with Carnival you are unhappy with their vacation choice. For me this isn't true.

With that being said, yes people need to research prior to cruising. Don't cruise the Fantasy class ship, if you want the amenities available on the Dream class.

Don't stay at Days Inn if you have Hyatt taste...a little research goes a long way IMO

I perfer more details from the OP, but after I notice the thread going downhill; I understand why they never return

Just my 2 cents.

and I **do ** realize people can't sit here all day... but there are quite a few of these threads where the OP just never returns ...

If I was the OP and wouldn't be checking out the boards regularly, I would subscribe to the thread. This way he doesn't have to go looking for his original thread and post, which can be a pain in the you know what if you have to keep looking for your thread.

Just my 2 cents.

Why? They can have their say and leave it if they like. Just like "Letters to the Editor" in the paper, I can read and understand the gripe.

What annoys me is when they post a complaint with wrong info

or info that they should have (reasonably) known

examples : "There was no free 'pop' included at meals" (soda)

"They didn't have a pool for my 6 month old baby in diapers"

or posts with wrong info "Main dining room was not open for breakfast"

and no matter how many people show/prove/post written proof they were thinking wrong they never admit it or correct it or pay any attention

they either dither on or they never come back

"I could not order eggs or bacon or pancakes from room service for breakfast"

"They took tips out automatically, even for my kids"

"We wanted to buy rum in the gift shop but they would not let us carry it back to our cabin"

and so on and so on....it gets ridiculous <grin>:eek:

Why? They can have their say and leave it if they like. Just like "Letters to the Editor" in the paper, I can read and understand the gripe.

True - I suppose they can have their say and leave. It is just frustrating when all of the subsequent posters are trying to be helpful to no avail !

I get irritated by the complaint threads in which the OP never responds again . . .

True - I suppose they can have their say and leave. It is just frustrating when all of the subsequent posters are trying to be helpful to no avail !

Perhaps I'm just being blind (and I'm accused of that on occasion), but I don't recall ever seeing a complaint thread here on CruiseCritic where "all of the subsequent posters are trying to be helpful."

If I was the OP and wouldn't be checking out the boards regularly, I would subscribe to the thread. This way he doesn't have to go looking for his original thread and post, which can be a pain in the you know what if you have to keep looking for your thread.

Many postera (both new and experienced) to CC are not aware of the Thread Subscribe feature. I try to make a point of posting that feature in our roll call threads so newbies will realize that they can get updates each time someone posts on the RC.

Just my 2 cents.

Why let it bother you? Besides want to know why many don't come back?

Look at the insane responses they get from the foaming at mouth Carnival cult members. I almost never came back as well. I dont blame folks for not coming back. Not at all.

Perhaps I'm just being blind (and I'm accused of that on occasion), but I don't recall ever seeing a complaint thread here on CruiseCritic where "all of the subsequent posters are trying to be helpful."

Pretty much NEVER happens. They get ganged up on by the very people who HATE negative reviews and complaining threads.

Why let it bother you? Besides want to know why many don't come back?

Look at the insane responses they get from the foaming at mouth Carnival cult members. I almost never came back as well. I dont blame folks for not coming back. Not at all.

pot > kettle

Many postera (both new and experienced) to CC are not aware of the Thread Subscribe feature. I try to make a point of posting that feature in our roll call threads so newbies will realize that they can get updates each time someone posts on the RC.

it was even worse when cc was only on aol.

how many posts started with "where did my post go?"

ugh! :eek:

Sad but very true

pot > kettle

I flamed and chased off newcomers when? I always try to be empathetic to new folks and to those who have had issues. How about you?

Edited to add-

Oh wait, this is the technically a complaint thread. LMAO, a complaint thread about complaint threads. LMAO now I see it. S

Archived