Ship leaves at 2pm, not sure what we can do in port with limited time

aaronlisa

For some reason RCCL has changed our departure time from 3pm to 2pm on the Oasis of the Seas. We get in at around 7am, so unless we want to get up early on our first full day of vacation we won't really be able to do much. Originally we had planned to spent time over at cable beach at the Sheraton resort. With time being limited by another hour I am second guessing my choice, don't want to spend the money only to be there a couple hours. Now I am thinking of possible just getting off the ship at around 10am and walking around on our own a bit, do some shopping and maybe grab a bite to eat before getting back on the ship. Any other ideas???

For some reason RCCL has changed our departure time from 3pm to 2pm on the Oasis of the Seas. We get in at around 7am, so unless we want to get up early on our first full day of vacation we won't really be able to do much. Originally we had planned to spent time over at cable beach at the Sheraton resort. With time being limited by another hour I am second guessing my choice, don't want to spend the money only to be there a couple hours. Now I am thinking of possible just getting off the ship at around 10am and walking around on our own a bit, do some shopping and maybe grab a bite to eat before getting back on the ship. Any other ideas???

Honestly, the tour companies, shops and other venues are not too happy about the short time in port. It's crazy that there is not enough time to enjoy the island you are visiting. Maybe it's time cruisers write management to make a change.

You can do the walking tour and have time for shopping along with grabbing a bite to eat. Eat a hearty breakfast and get off the ship at 9a and you will be good. If you sleep late then you are missing a good port oppertunity or you can stay close to the ship while everyone scrambles for something to do.

Honestly, the tour companies, shops and other venues are not too happy about the short time in port. It's crazy that there is not enough time to enjoy the island you are visiting. Maybe it's time cruisers write management to make a change.

Yup, I was thinking about that too, not enough time for us to spend much money to help out the local economy...

You can do the walking tour and have time for shopping along with grabbing a bite to eat. Eat a hearty breakfast and get off the ship at 9a and you will be good. If you sleep late then you are missing a good port oppertunity or you can stay close to the ship while everyone scrambles for something to do.

What is this "walking tour" you speak of?

I really want my grandkids to see and play at atlantis. If we get off ship by 8:00 how much time to get there? Back by 1 think that might be enough. What do you think?

Waterpark doesn't open until 10am. If you need to be back by 1 ..You wil need to leave by noon. You will have only 2 hours in the park. Lines are long, Not worth the money or the effort.

Frommers has one on there website.. just google Nassau walking tour frommers.

Also, there is a link from my website.. google bahamas treasures. Link is on the left.

Would only two people doing the walking tour have any problems as far as safety goes?

Thanks

Would only two people doing the walking tour have any problems as far as safety goes?

Thanks

Not during the daytime.. after 9 and before 4:30 or so. Just be aware of your surroundings.. like anywhere else.

Most of these venues have locals who will "insist" on giving you a tour for a few bucks.. they are informative and harmless. They don't get paid except for the tips you give them.

Have some small bills in your pocket so you don't have to take you wallet out or open you handbag.

The reason may be that fuel usage increases with faster speeds and the curve is not linear. All ships cruise more slowly today than they used to and more slowly than they can.

They are probably leaving early to save money at the expense of your shore time.

DON

Archived