Rooms on lido near outer door-noise/traffic?

lightnin

I really hope some experienced cruisers can help me with this question! There a just a few interior lido rooms considered midship right behind the elevator atrium leading out to the lido deck. I would like to have your opinion on these few rooms, specifically regarding the noise level on the outside of the pool area filtering into those rooms and whether you feel it is a high traffic area which would be disturbing to passengers in those cabins? Do you feel those cabins are gems regarding location, a tolerable noise level, and overall more stable in regards to movement on the ship? As a side note, I will be on the Magic and an example of room number would be 10285. It is very important to my husband that we stay on the Lido deck this cruise. Thank you so much in advance for your help and responses are tremendously appreciated! :) Throw me a bone! ;)

We have stayed on the Lido Deck on two different cruises, in the cabins right near the Elevators.

The only time we heard people were the same time each cruise... the night of the Deck Party. That was the only time noises were quite high.

I would chose those cabins again in a heartbeat... the best we have had!!

Catrin

We have been on the lido a twice right by the elevators, but always a balcony room. We have never had an issue with the noises. Both were right next to the elevator and pretty close to the lido outside entrance. The only time we heard any deck noise was honestly on our balcony. I hope this helps.

We stayed in room 10285 on the Magic in November and we loved the convenience to the Lido. We did not hear any noise from the Lido as there are the sliding doors and then another door leading to the hall the room is on. Also, there was very little traffic as most people walk in from the Lido and go straight through. We rarely even met people in our hall. To get to this room from the pool area, go through the automatic sliding doors, immediately turn right and through another door, a left at the hall, and it is the second door on the left - easy peasy!

We always choose those rooms and we totally love the location don't really see much traffic in hallway and at night they close the big doors so they are pretty sound proof. As far as noise during the deck party we are always at the deck party lol...

I was in this area on lido deck and had the same concerns. We heard nothing from the deck but once or twice heard noise coming up from piano in the atrium area way below us. It wasn't loud and didn't keep us awake or anything - very faint. I loved the location and would book a lido deck cabin again in a heart beat. We'd go to buffet, get a tray and some food and head back to our balcony every morning for breakfast. Also loved being so close to our cabin when sunbathing. Easy to go take a break from the sun or to head back for a forgotten book, or a fresh drink. Wish this cabin option was available on the Pride.

My fiance and I always book those cabins. She gets motion sick easy and is a light sleeper and we havent ever had any issues. She also takes ginger pills every day and it works on the motion sickness. We rarely see people as the hall way is bent back around to a small door from the main walk way. Only about 5 cabins and 2 handicap rooms on that section(conquest class)...Hope this helps..:D

Archived