Hampton Inn Downtown Vacouver

lulabug

Last September before our Repositioning Cruise we stayed at the Downtown Hampton Inn. We had a great room (I think it was a suite because it had a living room, kitchen and a separate bedroom). It is in an area that is somewhat on the fringes of the shopping areas (the area is not very architectually interesting--mostly cement buildings but it seemed safe enough). We walked from the hotel all around the downtown area and down to Canada Place to see the ships the day before our cruise. They have a breakfast room that was pretty good.

We have plans to stay there too on July 16th before our Northbound trip for 7 days to Seward then on to Anchorage for 2 days. I've been doing internet research about the Vancouver area and local tours. These message boards have been very helpful too.

Cheryl

We will be staying there. The trip advisor site has it listed as number 5, right up there with the luxury hotels. And there are so many user reviews that rave about the place that they can't all be fake reviews. People seem to like the view, the full breakfast selection but most of all, the staff gets constant praise. Apparently they are extra nice and attentive.

area of town-don't wander around at night. It used to be a horrible beer parlour type place-but they completely redid it. So don't expect fancy restaurants of shopping.It is only a couple of blocks from Gastown.

The Hampton is good.

Yes, the staff at the Hampton was great. Our suite was a free upgrade. Plus, when we were leaving, we asked the front desk employee to call us a cab. He asked where we were going (Canada Place) and even though their free shuttle had already left a few minutes ago he was able to radio them and have the shuttle return. So, we got a free ride to the port!! And, the driver was very efficient (a polite way of saying he was a very, very fast driver and didn't like to stop at red lights!!).

Hi Does the Hampton Inn have a shuttle from the airport to the hotel? How far is it from where the ships dock? Do they offer transportation there?

There will be six of us arriving on June 2, 2005 and we will be leaving on the Summit on June 3, 2005.

Any suggestions on what to see in a very short time. Thanks a lot Joan

We took a taxi from the airport to the Hampton so I'm thinking that there must not have been a complementary shuttle??? I think there is a shuttle that has a charge and the per person charge for 2 people was more than a taxi cab so we did the taxi. That is the best that my memory can remember.

Archived