Just an observation ...

dishealth11

I noticed that other cruiselines, both have the first initial is C, have so many more posts to their board than the others.

Is it because they are better, larger, or perhaps their customers are more web saavy?

I don't base my feelings about a cruise line on the number of posts the board has but the quality of the posts that exist. Spend enough time on those other boards and you'll see hundreds of conga line posts, etc. Quality over quantity.

Well said...and I can't keep up with those threads. every time I look theres pages and pages of new ones.

I like NCL just fine. :)

Ditto. I hate scrolling through all those posts to get an answer or see what is going on.

Those cruiselines also have a lot more ships which leads to alot more customers. I don't find he quality of posts that much different than our boards, just more quantity. Bigger isn't always better:D

Neither do I. In fact, since joining I've never opened any other board, because for my first cruise I'm on NCL. Like I said...just a question since I see that page every time I navigate to NCL. I notice things like that.

BTW, are you saying that NCL doesn't do conga lines?:D

I don't base my feelings about a cruise line on the number of posts the board has but the quality of the posts that exist. Spend enough time on those other boards and you'll see hundreds of conga line posts, etc. Quality over quantity.

BTW, are you saying that NCL doesn't do conga lines?:D
NCL may do conga lines onboard their ships but conga line posts don't stay long on the NCL page. ;) Those types of posts are moved to the Floataway Lounge. They can be fun threads but mostly they're pretty silly.

What's a "conga line post"?? Sorry for my confusion!! :confused: I only recently learned what the "Floataway lounge was!! :o :)
Conga line posts are one word posts usually. They're like word association. If I post cruise, you post ship, someone else posts wreck, someone else posts car...whatever word someone says you then say a word that can be associated with it. It becomes this long post with nothing but word association.

Has it occurred to anyone thast cruise lines with larger ships or more ships carry more passengers? Then that larger number of passengers might make more postings on a cruise chat room than a smaller number of passengers on a smaller cruise line?

Might it also matter the average age of passengers on a cruise line? Younger passengers tend to have better computer skills and spend more time online.

Hence, more postings.

Shows you what I know. I thought conga line posts were posts about formation of conga lines on the ship.:o

People actually do what you've described?!

Conga line posts are one word posts usually. They're like word association. If I post cruise, you post ship, someone else posts wreck, someone else posts car...whatever word someone says you then say a word that can be associated with it. It becomes this long post with nothing but word association.

It didn't occur to me because I don't know which ships are larger, and don't know the demographics of the cruisers.

So, are you saying those cruiselines have a younger customer base?

What am I doing here with the old folks?;)

Has it occurred to anyone thast cruise lines with larger ships or more ships carry more passengers? Then that larger number of passengers might make more postings on a cruise chat room than a smaller number of passengers on a smaller cruise line?

Might it also matter the average age of passengers on a cruise line? Younger passengers tend to have better computer skills and spend more time online.

Hence, more postings.

NCL may do conga lines onboard their ships but conga line posts don't stay long on the NCL page. ;) Those types of posts are moved to the Floataway Lounge. They can be fun threads but mostly they're pretty silly.

Were do you think all those 10,000 post plus members come from. :D

Were do you think all those 10,000 post plus members come from. :D
Exactly. ;) That's why I always tell new members to pay attention to the quality of someone's posts rather than the post count. Some high post count members are conga line leaders!

Exactly. ;) That's why I always tell new members to pay attention to the quality of someone's posts rather than the post count. Some high post count members are conga line leaders!

You can always get a sense of a poster by clicking on their name and selecting display all posts by that member. Some just go from board to board and stir up trouble , some have an agenda with a particual cruise line, most thank goodness just want to share what they have learned.

most thank goodness just want to share what they have learned.
Yes...even me...I know...not everyone believes that...but yes, I really truly just want to share cruising stories and tips.

Yes...even me...I know...not everyone believes that...but yes, I really truly just want to share cruising stories and tips.

Except when you tell someone to go WAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaay across the wrong coast of a country to get their tips:D

Except when you tell someone to go WAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaay across the wrong coast of a country to get their tips:D
Yikes! Geography will be the end of me. Yes, seahorse, I'm geographically challenged. Hi...my name is Cecilia and I don't know where Cancun is. :( Is there a support group for this affliction? What do I know...I'm in Colorado. :D

Yikes! Geography will be the end of me. Yes, seahorse, I'm geographically challenged. Hi...my name is Cecilia and I don't know where Cancun is. :( Is there a support group for this affliction? What do I know...I'm in Colorado. :D

Now THAT explains a lot......lack of oxygen:eek: ;)

You can join my husband. I am surprised he even KNOWS where Colorado IS.

(Apologies to my DH, I am always kidding him about this.)

It didn't occur to me because I don't know which ships are larger, and don't know the demographics of the cruisers.

So, are you saying those cruiselines have a younger customer base?

What am I doing here with the old folks?;)

Although NCL's passengers vary in ages, it tends to favor the 50+ crowd, whereas you will probably see a lot more 20-40 year olds on other lines

Although NCL's passengers vary in ages, it tends to favor the 50+ crowd, whereas you will probably see a lot more 20-40 year olds on other lines

Based on what I've read here on CC and in cruise travel magazines, this isn't really true. Holland America is reputed to have the oldest average demographic and Princess isn't far behind. Carnival and RCI do tend to have a younger demographic. But these are all generalities. A specific cruise may be younger or older based on the time of year of the sailing. More families and children are onboard particularly during school holidays. Also, the length of the cruise is a major factor. The longer the cruise, the older the demographic. Finally, exotic cruises (e.g., European, Asian) usually attract an older crowd, too, because they're often longer and more expensive. It all depends.

Archived