Help for a first timer, please!

UGAFan0829

My sister is cruising on the Carinval Dream next month out of Port Canaveral. This will be her first cruise ever and I'm trying to help her a bit. I've never been on Carnival either, so I was wondering if anyone here may know about any of the themed nights. We've cruised with another line and they had a semi-formal, formal, and pirate nights. Does Carnival offer the same things, and if so, how do we go about finding out more about which nights these are? Thanks so much!!

The 'formal night,' are no longer, 'formal.' They are called 'elegant,' but I would say they are more or less, 'not casual.' Many women wear anything from dress slacks and a nice top, to cocktail dresses, to formal gowns. Otherwise, tell her to relax. Carnival has a relaxed atmosphere. You don't feel uncomfortable in whatever you decide to wear.

Just to put things in perspective, many men wear a shirt and tie, some wear suits or jackets, some are in sports shirts, even polo shirts on 'elegant night,' so there will be a whole range of attire.

Archived