Hoping for a cancellation

Just put in a deposit for an aft cabin (sideview - sorry for the terminology... newbie to cruising) on Adventure of the Seas. Was really hoping to book one of the corner aft cabins but all are sold out. For all you experienced cruisers out there who know what cabin they want, is there an easy way to find out if a specific cabin becomes available again?

Welcome to Cruise Critic :)

You have to check the site regularly and if the room shows up put a hold on it immediately then call whoever you booked through to get the change effected. Suggest you post on the roll call for the cruise to see if anyone cancels down the line to let you know beforehand (someone there may have it).

Just put in a deposit for an aft cabin (sideview - sorry for the terminology... newbie to cruising) on Adventure of the Seas. Was really hoping to book one of the corner aft cabins but all are sold out. For all you experienced cruisers out there who know what cabin they want, is there an easy way to find out if a specific cabin becomes available again?

I would just check on a daily basis. I have 'moved' cabins in this way before. It does help if you are booked directly with Royal as you can just call customer care and switch.

One thing to keep in mind is to make sure you are not logged into your reservation while talking with them. It locks it up and they can't adjust your reservation while you are looking at it.

Just yesterday, someone on our Roll Call thread cancelled her cruise, and she had the coveted corner aft #9256 on Serenade for an upcoming 12-night Mediterranean cruise....she was nice enough to post about her cancellation on the Roll Call, and someone else on the Roll Call immediately snatched it up! :)

Good luck - it does happen!

You can also put your name on a wait list for a particular cabin.

I've never done it, but 9256 popped up once online and when I tried to call and get it, they said there was someone wait listed and if they didn't take it, they would contact me. No such luck though, they got it.

We booked a center aft cabin on Navigator last June and kept checking to see if one of the corners opened up. One day several months later we got lucky and snatched it up! Just got back from enjoying that lovely corner balcony (1388) last week. Just keep checking! The easiest way for us was to go to RCIs website directly and search for the specific cabin numbers we wanted. Good luck!

Archived