*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

Michelle, Where are you and Chris staying before the cruise? I thought I had read you booked the SpringHill Suites - Which one? The SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center or Spring Hill Suites Miami Airport South? Frank and I have the Airport South one booked.

Some of the group will be meeting at

http://www.largobarandgrill.com/

Friday evening for dinner and/or drinks. This restaurant is also in Bayside. Ryan will need a count of who is interested soon.

Yes, we are staying at the Springhill Suites, but we're at the other one, the Airport East/Medical Center. We get in Thursday afternoon and have reserved a rental car, but are still undecided whether we'll actually pick it up or just use taxis.

Count us in for the get together Friday evening, Chris looked at the menu and said he could get a burger. :D The only seafood he'll eat is shrimp, but he occasionally indulges me and goes to a non-steak restaurant anyway!

We are looking at the Everglades tour for the day we get back. Our flight doesn't leave until 4:40pm and even though we did the same tour after the last Cupid's cruise, its better than sitting around the airport all day. We looked at the Hop-on/Hop-off and the South Beach tour, but looking at buildings and shopping just doesn't sound like much fun. And alligators are cool to look at. From a distance. :cool:

Yes, we are staying at the Springhill Suites, but we're at the other one, the Airport East/Medical Center. We get in Thursday afternoon and have reserved a rental car, but are still undecided whether we'll actually pick it up or just use taxis.

Count us in for the get together Friday evening, Chris looked at the menu and said he could get a burger. :D The only seafood he'll eat is shrimp, but he occasionally indulges me and goes to a non-steak restaurant anyway!

We are looking at the Everglades tour for the day we get back. Our flight doesn't leave until 4:40pm and even though we did the same tour after the last Cupid's cruise, its better than sitting around the airport all day. We looked at the Hop-on/Hop-off and the South Beach tour, but looking at buildings and shopping just doesn't sound like much fun. And alligators are cool to look at. From a distance. :cool:

Michelle,

Alligators are okay unless you are here:

alligator_girl_by_bluesparkle94-d3knoj8.jpg

LOL!

Bettie and I haven't decided what we will do.

Dave

We are enjoying a much warmer weekend here. :D

We went ahead and rented a car. The more I looked into transfers from FLL to Miami hotel, then taxi's Friday and Saturday, it was adding up. This way we will have the freedom to do what we want and when we want. The hotel we have booked has free parking at least. Some of the hotels in Miami charge a terrible amount for parking.

In 5 weeks we will be enjoying our first sea day.

Good evening Cupids,

Kathy, we experienced a much warmer and nicer, although windy, weekend than last weekend.

To all Cupids and Newpids, Ryan, Cusp79, is setting up a pre-cruise dinner. If you are interested you need to sign up on FB at Let's Breeze the Caribbean.

Hope all have a safe week and stay well.

Dave

Sadly, our flight doesn't get in early enough to join you guys for pre-cruise dinner on the 14th. We'll play it by ear whether we'll be able to join you later for drinks after dinner. May be too late for even that, by the time we get our bags, get to Miami from FLL, check into our hotel and get some dinner.

Kathy - would be great to have you & Frank join us for the post cruise excursion!

Kathy - I know Greg & I usually get to the port around 10:00(ish). Granted we usually wait a little before boarding but usually we're onboard by 11-11:30. Carnival usually says "Please don't come to the port before blah blah o'clock." but from my experience if you get their early they'll hold you in the waiting room until it's somewhat full and then they tell everyone outside that they have to wait a bit.

Well hello Fritz & Susie this is Dave (the good looking one) glad to hear you are thinking of cruising with us again. Alise or Al as some call her is hoping you will join us and the rest of the Cupids gang. We remember how funny it was when Fritz was detained by Carnival security because they thought he was a celebrity and they wanted his autograph.

I guess we are all bound to have that happen once in a while.

If you are planning on coming let us know and maybe we could do some excursions together.

Hi Dave, Alise & all the other Cupids!

We have booked this cruise!! We have spent the last several days reading this board, and if the posts are any indication of the Cupids group going on this cruise... I think Susie and I will have a great old time. Hey Dave (the self described "Good Looking One"), I recall you also telling me that you were the most fun of all the Daves too... there seems to be some disagreement here on the board!

I have a few questions: (please bear with me if they have already been asked & answered on previous posts)

1) What does it take to become an Official "Cupid?" Does it cost anything extra? What are the Perks? Do you get anything special if your name is Dave? (I would consider changing Susie's name!)

2) Is there a roll call list of participants and list of activities scheduled for the group?

3) Will Dave (the one that belongs to Alise) do his cross-dressing Karaoke act again.

4) Is the pre-cruise dinner on Friday 2/14 open to anyone (Cupid or Notpid)? If so, please put the details on the board, as I cannot do facebook.

5) What is everyone doing in the ports? Any more info on the Sunset Cruise in Curacao?

6) Where is everyone staying pre-cruise? Near the Port? Near the Airport? FLL? Bayside?

Sorry for all the questions... we are so EXCITED to be cruising with Dave & Alise again & hanging with the rest of the Cupids gang. Sooo little time to get everything in order. Thanks for any help you all can give us.

Fritz - Welcome aboard ... I'll TRY to answer as many of the questions that I know. First, Heidi and I are "combining" information from both the Cupids and the Absinthe Mind groups. So here's the information I know.

1. Not sure ... I believe it's just a cruise family but I'm sure a Cupid can explain this since I'm a Newpid.

2. That I know of, we're in the works of a cabin crawl, sail away meet and greet, official meet and greet, and possibly a white elephant exchange.

3. Again, since I'm newpid I don't know the answer to this one.

4. It sucks that you don't have Facebook because I have quite a bit of information on there for the groups including room #'s, dining times, deck layout, island maps, and a list of people doing the pre-cruise dinner. If you want, to make if easier for you I can email you the information for the pre-cruise dinner if you want to email me (Cusp79@att.net).

5. I know several of us are doing Jack's Shack in Grand Turk, it seems as if for D.R. people are doing one of two different "island" tours, Aruba I think we're doing more beach/drinking time, Curacao we're doing a group tour.

6. I know Greg & I are staying at the B2 hotel by the port in Miami and by the Bayside Market.

I hope this information helps and like I said if you need more information I would be happy to help out and if I don't know the answer I can try to get it for you. :D

Edited by Cusp79

Hi Fritz and Susie,

There are several in the group staying Downtown Miami near Bayside, Bettie and I and Dave and Adrianne are staying at the IC next to Bayside. There is a group meeting for a pre-cruise dinner. Ryan, Cusp79, is putting this together. If you want to join us, check out his Facebook page, Let's Breeze to the Caribbean, to sign up. Heidi is planning a M&G the first seaday and we will get together for sailaway.

There are a few more things but I can't remember all the details.

Dave

Good Evening!

I have not been able to post for a few days because our internet went down on Friday and we were not able to get it fixed until today. I still don't have a computer either. Dave has been unable to get mine working so I'm still using Staci's. I plan to get a new one very soon though. I just can't decide between a Mac or a PC.

Fritz and Susie - welcome to the group. You don't need to do anything special to join us. Just keep following this roll call and we will post all of our plans. We have a Carnival excursion planned for La Romana but I can't remember right now what it's called. I know it's the one where you take a bus to a village and tour that and then go on a boat ride on a river. It's the river where they filmed the movie Apocalypse Now. There are several of us doing that. In Grand Turk I think we are just going to Jacks Shack. I think a bunch of us are going there.

In Aruba I think we might be going to Eagle Beach on our own with Dave and Sue and in Curacao we might just wander around. I think we decided not to do the Sunset Sail but I might change my mind if I see a several others in the group doing it. Besides a sail away gathering we will probably have 2 "official" meet and greets. I'm looking to do one on the first sea day at about 2:00 and I think we'll do a whit elephant gift exchange at that one. If you want to participate just bring an inexpensive gift (under $10.00). Many people bring something that represents where they are from. I also want to arrange something for the last sea day at around 2:00 and we might do a cabin crawl at that one. You can participate whether you want to open up your cabin or not but if you would like to open your cabin, just let me know so I can put your cabin down and I'd like to know what kind of cabin you have because I want to make sure we have a good variety. I don't want to do a cabin crawl if all we have is a bunch of identical balcony cabins.

We are staying at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Airport South. It's not by Bayside and I don't know if we will be able to meet up the night before or not. We are flying into FLL and don't land until 6:30 PM. Dave and Sue are also supposed to land at 6:30 at FLL so we will share transportation to the hotel with them. I think it will be too late for dinner but we might be able o join everyone for drinks.

We had a very nice dinner with family tonight. About 5 minutes before I was leaving for work my sister called o see if I was free. they were at my niece's place in Chicago and had decided to go to Woodfield Mall which is the mall that is right next to the OG where I work. I suggested they stop in the OG to eat though so I could see them and Staci was home so she decided to join them. By the time the got to the OG we were starting to slow down so my manager said I could clock out and join them. Then Staci called Dave and Eric so they joined us too. There were 8 of us. We had a nice time and I was so lucky that my manager let me stop work right after they got there.

Have a good night. :)

What time does everyone plan to get to port Saturday morning? I was thinking 10:30, but read someone posted that they got to the port at 10:00 and were on board by 10:30. They did have FTTF though.

DH and I are planning on getting to port early I will be ready to go!! We did FTTF, I am not sure how beneficial. I am thinking no later than 10:30.

Welcome, Fritz & Susie!! Glad to have you onboard! Don't worry, you don't have to be an official Cupid to hang out with us. You just have to be fun and kind of cool! So the question is: are you fun & cool?? :p

Cupids are just a group of us that sail together around Valentine's Day. Get it? Valentine's Day - Cupid. We love meeting new people, and welcome everyone to join with us on the ship and off.

We already have The Five Daves, but since your wife is Susie and my name is Sue (but my dad calls me Susie), maybe we could start a "Susie Club" and give a little competition to all these Daves we have onboard! Fritz, if you change YOUR name to Susie, we'd have 3 members! Food for thought.....

Excursions: the excursion Heidi is talking about in La Romana is called Altos de Chavon River Boat tour, and is booked through Carnival. It sounds fun (we are booked on this one also) - you can read about it on the Carnival website. We are going to Jack's Shack in Grand Turk and Eagle Beach in Aruba. My hubby doesn't really want to do a sunset cruise in Curacao, but if lots of our group are going to, we might join in.

Everyone is spread around this time, but we are staying at a Fairfield Inn about halfway between the airport and the port. Heidi and Dave are at the same hotel. There's a big boat show that weekend, so lots of the hotels near port were booked a long time ago.

ONE MONTH! Getting excited for this cruise!

Sue - Ya know, I didn't want to make an assumption on how the "Cupids" got their name but I figured that was why. I've been cruising since '03 around Valentines Day ... can that make me an honorary Cupid? ;):D

Edited by Cusp79