Embassy Suites vs. Marriott

tessea

From past threads many have really loved the Embassy Suites. We plan to stay there next Feb. 2 nights pre and 1 night post.

They have a nice free breakfast, cocktail hour, shuuttle to the ship, restaurants nearby, as well as a wine/spirits store.

I have not been on any web site for prices yet.

Grace

Emabassy is the best but I have to admit the Marriott Marina is a very close 2nd. I would not cry if I got either one but the rooms are nicer at Embassy and the cocktail party is great.

ROSS

RMS QUEEN ELIZABETH 1965/TS BREMEN 1971/RMS AMERIKANIS 1972/SS FRANCE 1973/SS FRANCE 1973/QE II 1975/QE II 1975/TS LEONARDO DaVINCI 1976/QE II 1978/TS GALLILAO 1984/ MV REGENT SEA 1988/MV ZENITH 1992/SS NORWAY 1993/MV HORIZON 1998/GTS NORWEGIAN SUN 2001/GTS CENTURY 2002/GTS SUMMIT 2003/GTS JEWEL OF THE SEAS 2004

They are both equal in my book. However, for the extras I would go with Embassy. Hope you get it on Priceline.

Walter

Until my Summit Alaska cruise

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=7>

<param name="day" value=30>

<param name="hour" value=17>

</applet>

Until my Hawaii Infinity cruise

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=12>

<param name="day" value=5>

<param name="hour" value=21>

</applet>

I am on the Century next spring break..two questions here....How do I go about booking a room through priceline for either of those hotels . Number two....when do I do it... as my cruise is approx 1 year away. thanks!

We have stayed at the Embassy many times. Don't waste your time or any $$$ booking the shuttle! We always take a cab around 10:30 AM & are safely on board relaxing sometimes even unpacked by the time those shuttles are getting you to the pier!!! They are the biggest joke ever. NOW, we DO use their shuttles from the FLL airport to the hotel & that is fine.

The cab is called immed. when you're ready to leave & we always give the driver $10, that covers it well! Their breakfast buffet & evening cocktail reception are a nice plus & there are so many nice restaurants within walking distance to choose from. However, last trip in Feb. we checked out some of the other properties offered on Priceline & they are equally as nice if you should get them!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

CPRISTASH,

I used Priceline in February to book our hotel in San Diego for November 25th!!! Got the absolutely BEST property---right across the st. from the pier, Holiday Inn on the Bay! Do it now if you can!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Rosie,

We doing Mercury out of San Diego in January. What zone did you request on Priceline to get that primo location?

Kathy

Skyward 1979

Horizon 1991

Mercury 1998

Sensation 1999

Summit 2001

Millenium 2002

Summit 2003

Voyager of the Seas 2003

I have stayed at both the Marriott and Embassey and liked them both. Rooms are bigger and Happy Hour and breakfast are included at Embassey however the price is usually higher. If you use Priceline you will not know what hotel you have until your bid is accepted. It is a good enough price I usually use this method, but if you are set on the hotel don't use priceline. Have a great trip.

Gayla

We can hardly wait

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;2;6;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Do either the Marriott or the Embassy Suites have a heated swimming pool?

Jim Schaeffer

USS Oriskany CVA-34 1972-1975

Ryndam '98

Volendam '99

Grandeur of the Seas '00

Century '01

Brilliance of the Seas '03

Brilliance Feb '04

Coral Princess Feb '05

We stayed at the Marriott Marina for $65 pre cruise. The room was on the small side but I loved the balcony overlooking the marina. The pool and the restaurant were very nice and there is a complementary shuttle to the pier. For $65 on Priceline, it was wonderful.

Dawn,Ct.

Don't know what the Marriott has - but all the Embassy Suites I've been in have a fridge, dishes, a Microwave and stove - plus popcorn to pop in your room. I especially like having a separate couch to watch tv from. I hate watching tv from the bed. The downside - we've only had queen beds - for those of us used to king beds - sleeping in a smaller bed is a real adjustment. In other hotel rooms, if we end up with a couple of queen beds instead of one king, we sleep apart.

Thnaks for all your help. I was able to get the Embassy Suites for $75. Can anyone recommend a good restaurant within walking distance? How is the restaurant in the hotel?

Archived