Anyone miss Fantasy Class itineraries?

BigKeith

Many of you will know that the Fantasy class is one of my favourite classes of ships. I must say though, I miss the seven day itineraries available on them. It gave a decent amount of time to settle into these great ships. People might recommend doing a back to back but it just isn't the same. I think these great ships should do seven night cruises again!

Big Keith

I think these great ships should do seven night cruises again!

Big Keith

Back in the day, 7 night itineraries on these ships were OK. Today, and after having tried newer, larger, and more innovative ships, I find myself pacing back and forth around the Fantasy class ships, looking for something different to do, and somewhat bored.

Maybe I've become too familiarized with these ships which is why I wouldn't like to spend more than 4-5 days on them.

We did the 7-day itinerary on Fantasy last year. Loved it. Especially with the Waterworks, we never had a problem finding something to do. I don't know that we would have tried Fantasy-class but for the 7-day itinerary, since the only 4 and 5-day itineraries we do are Canada cruises out of NYC.

We were fortunate enough to take one of the two 7 night cruises that Fascination did last year to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau. I would love to do another 7 nighter on a Fantasy class ship - the few that Fantasy does each year so far have not worked with our cruising schedule but I will keep checking!

When we cruised on Celebration back in 2006 on a five night cruise, it occurred to me that I would have loved to do a 7 night cruise on that even smaller than Fantasy class ship.

We like smaller ships, I guess - two years ago we did a two week cruise on Royal Princess (now transferred to P&O) - that ship carried only ~700 passengers!

I did a 7 day out of Mobile on Elation last may now that they have moved her to new Orleans i havent check to see if they still do seven day

No, the Elation is only doing 4 and 5 days out of here!! The Conquest is doing all the 7 day cruises!!

We did the 7-day itinerary on Fantasy last year. Loved it. Especially with the Waterworks, we never had a problem finding something to do. I don't know that we would have tried Fantasy-class but for the 7-day itinerary, since the only 4 and 5-day itineraries we do are Canada cruises out of NYC.

We had a great time on the Fantasy 7-night cruise (HMC, Nassau, Grand Turk). So much so we are considering it again for next year since it is so darn convenient, we live 3 hours from the port. I have no interest in the 5-night itinerary (Nassau/Freeport), but the 7-night is good. :)

Back in the day, 7 night itineraries on these ships were OK. Today, and after having tried newer, larger, and more innovative ships, I find myself pacing back and forth around the Fantasy class ships, looking for something different to do, and somewhat bored.

Maybe I've become too familiarized with these ships which is why I wouldn't like to spend more than 4-5 days on them.

I agree. I prefer the bigger ships for the longer cruises.

We had a great time on the Fantasy 7-night cruise (HMC, Nassau, Grand Turk). So much so we are considering it again for next year since it is so darn convenient, we live 3 hours from the port. I have no interest in the 5-night itinerary (Nassau/Freeport), but the 7-night is good. :)
I'd do this cruise again in a heartbeat, but for the drive.:) I see you're 2 weeks out from cruising on Liberty - really liked her a lot, although it was before Fun Ship 2.0. Hope you have a great time!:cool:

Many of you will know that the Fantasy class is one of my favourite classes of ships. I must say though, I miss the seven day itineraries available on them. It gave a decent amount of time to settle into these great ships. People might recommend doing a back to back but it just isn't the same. I think these great ships should do seven night cruises again!

Big Keith

that was my favorite class until i found the balcony ships. only reason i have never gone back, even with the waterworks.

now that they are adding balconies, i may have to make one more trip back.

in the meantime, my new favorite class is the spirit.

I miss the Fantasy class itineraries from the late 90's early 00's that included stops like Grenada, Guadaloupe, Martinique, Santo Domingo (I still think about the incredible food I got there) etc...

If you're asking if I miss sailing the Fantasy class ships for 7 days then no. I don't like smaller older ships...I sailed the Victory last year and even that ship annoyed me.

Archived