Holiday Inn SunSpree - Galveston

CruisinDawn

Booked this hotel for Feb on points so ya can't beat free but it does not get the best reviews on Trip Adviser. 25th out of 45 Hotels on Galveston.

Anyone stay there recently?

Recommendations within walking distance?

Any transit that gets you from the Seawall over to the strand like trolleys?

BonVoyage

Dawna

We have stayed there a few times and had no issues except for our door lock needed to be replaced. We called, they came, we went to dinner, came back and all was well. All the rooms face the gulf with a balcony. Dining just steps away, Seawall is across the street and easy walking distance to Murdoch's gift shop and the new Boardwalk that is due to open soon. I'm sure if you ask the hotel will take you down to the Strand or hop a cab for a less than 10 bucks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Holiday Inn Sunspree is no longer a Holiday Inn not sure if they lost their flag or gave it up but if your trying to use HI rewards points probably no-longer valid. Hotel is now called Galveston Beach Resort I believe. Very hard to find info must have happened recently.

Holiday Inn Sunspree is no longer a Holiday Inn not sure if they lost their flag or gave it up but if your trying to use HI rewards points probably no-longer valid. Hotel is now called Galveston Beach Resort I believe. Very hard to find info must have happened recently.

This explains why it was not coming up available for my dates. It was when I posted this, but, went to make reservations yesterday, and was no longer available. I am staying at the Holiday Inn Resort - On the Beach at 5200 Seawall. I am using my free anniversary stay, and it appears they also offer cruise parking. Thanks for your response.

Marie

The Sunspree definitely does not take Holiday Inn (now IHG Rewards) points. I had it booked with points for my Oct 20th cruise and received an email this week stating they no longer accepted the points and I would have to pay cash.

The rate for the night was $249 :eek:. I quickly canceled and booked another hotel.

Archived