Did you do anything to commemorate the 100 Anniversary of Titanic?

One of our local establishments held a Titanic Dinner last night (we decided to put the $150/head into our savings tin toward our next cruise rather than go).

They replicated 8 of the 15 courses from a menu from the first class dining room and themed their dining room similarly. They had first class invitations and menues.

We were tempted (but in the end put the $300 toward the deposit for our next cruise).

I've seen a few comments on Facebook over the last couple of days seeing what some people are doing - just wondering if anyone else did anything?

One of our local establishments held a Titanic Dinner last night (we decided to put the $150/head into our savings tin toward our next cruise rather than go).

They replicated 8 of the 15 courses from a menu from the first class dining room and themed their dining room similarly. They had first class invitations and menues.

We were tempted (but in the end put the $300 toward the deposit for our next cruise).

I've seen a few comments on Facebook over the last couple of days seeing what some people are doing - just wondering if anyone else did anything?

In short no. But I think you made a good decision about putting it towards your next cruise, where you could use the money to buy a glass of nice wine and make a toast to the Titanic.

In short no. But I think you made a good decision about putting it towards your next cruise, where you could use the money to buy a glass of nice wine and make a toast to the Titanic.

i would have to agree with 100%

some ting to read

One hundred years after Titanic sank, the events of April 14-15, 2012, still inspire fierce debate and countless theories—not only about how the ship went down, but also about what victims and survivors experienced. Writer and photographer Nic Compton decided to reconstruct the fateful night by using the words of witnesses who testified during inquiries held in the United States and Britain. His new book “Titanic on Trial: The Night the Titanic Sank” aims to give the story back to the people who were there, allowing readers to make up their own minds about what really happened. Below, he answers questions about the book and the engrossing, often heartbreaking testimony presented within.

http://www.history.com/news/2012/04/15/titanic-on-trial/

Archived