Carnival Fascination Review April 9-14 w pics

smileyone

Thanks for the review. I like the Spirit class ship, but I love the Fascination. By far my favorite ship! Your pictures made me want to go back to Key West again. When did they make the announcement that you were not going to Nassau, but to Freeport? While you were on the ship, before you got on the ship, or after you booked? That may be why you got an invite to go from interior to balcony. If they know in advance of a change, they may have let others change their cruise.:confused:

I asked another cruiser who said she heard it over intercom. Another cruiser said they received a letter in their cabin. I was a little disappointed mainly just because it was Freeport. It is not a favorite. But oh well, we still had fun and DD got to use the slides all day without any lines.

Great pics! Thanks so much for posting :) Sailing her in 4 days and canNOT wait!

Curious where pictures 3 and 4 were taken? Looks like a walkable area that passes in front of some cabins???

I'm not sure how I got out there but just wander around you will come upon it. I ended up out there several times even when I didn't intend to.

Thanks for the great review. I have been trying to find out if there were any magic or juggler shows for the kids.

Thanks

I only remember seeing one magic show list and it was at 10:45. I was keeping a lookout for it. I didn't see any juggler info either but wasn't really searching for it.

we stayed at the jacksonville plaza last nov.......our room was clean & the hotel is nice for a budget hotel......we bought the cruise pkg......room,parking for 5 days & shuttle to port & back.....all for $70.00. We are staying there again in dec. :)

Im sailing on her May 3rd. Great review. We went the hotwire route and got the same hotel. I hope its not too bad???

I wouldnt say it was a bad hotel. It was good enough for the overnight stay but I will pay a little more next time just to get something a little nicer. I didn't feel like I was going to see roaches or anything creepy like that. In my opinion, the bathroom was really more of the gross factor for me. The age of the place really shows thru in the bathroom so even though you know they have cleaned it, some parts are just stained forever. The bedding looked very nice and clean and was comfortable. There was a nice tv in the room but it was perched on top of a closet and looked like it would fall at any moment. Don't be scared of it based on my opinion because we all have different preferences. If I only wanted to spend 57 on the room then I think it is an acceptable place for that price. I had read some previous reviews stating lots of noise, bad area. We didn't experience that. One other note, one hallway was cluttered with stuff from the rooms so it appeared some remodeling was being done. I hope you guys have a wonderful time.

Thanks for posting, our 12 yr old son has been dying to see pics of the game room, we haven't been able to find any! Seeing your pics makes me wish it were Nov!

Here is what I remember from the game room. For $10, you get 40 tokens plus 8 bonus tokens. The more tokens you buy, the better the deal but I don't remember the other break outs. I believe every game except one cost 4 tokens. There was a claw game. There was another claw game also but it was completely empty. There was a driving game, a game that involved guns, and an air hockey table. There were a few more games but there was usually someone playing them so don't know what they were.

There were also 3 games of chance for prizes. On one of them, it starts out with 3 blocks rolling across the very bottom of the screen. You stop it and then on the next row up, you have to stop the blocks on top of the stack you already started. The higher you go, the faster it gets. There are minor prizes(silly bands, etc) or you choose to continue on for a major prize which was iPod, iTunes gift cards, etc. You stayed in the game as long as you had at least one block on top of a stack that started at the bottom.

Another game of chance, was similar to the claw where you have one push of the button horizontally to line up which prize you were going for. The prizes were hanging from strings. Once you let off the horizontal button, you press the button that pushed the "scissors" towards the string. You have to stop it just right to be able to get the string in the middle of the blades. This game had iPads and other bigger items.

The next chance game was a computer game where you start with a large ring that swings over a pole and you press the button when you are ready to drop it. The more rings you get on the pole, the smaller the rings get and the faster they swing. This game also has minor prizes or you can choose to forgo that prize and continue on to attempt to win the major prizes.(iPods, etc)

So thats a lot of information you may not have wanted to know, but I know DD7 was curious what kind of games they would have.

Yes. I used one in the lobby.

this is about amenities in the clamshell dish in the bathroom do you remember what was in it? used to get disposable razor, hand lotion, nice stuff. was on Legend in march, only 2 teeth whitening packets,2 breetheze strips. one use toothpaste. hope it was only on legend and not shipwide or if they are really downsizing that much

thanks

this is about amenities in the clamshell dish in the bathroom do you remember what was in it? used to get disposable razor, hand lotion, nice stuff. was on Legend in march, only 2 teeth whitening packets,2 breetheze strips. one use toothpaste. hope it was only on legend and not shipwide or if they are really downsizing that much

thanks

I didn't dig all the way thru it but I remember there was the one use toothpaste squeeze packet, so it sounds like the same as the legend. I know it was only a few items and they were all flat. No little bottles of lotion. Most of the stuff you can see in it in the bathroom pic is our stuff.

Archived