formal nights

gill556

we are going on an 8 day mediterraneo cruise and I can't find any information on formal nights other than Costa are not usually as formal as other cruise lines. Are there normally any and if so how many? Is it worth my husband taking his evening suit? We do like to dress up but don't want to be the only ones in formal wear if it is not normal.

For an 8 day cruise you wil have 2 formal 7 galanights. In the daily programm sheet called TODAY it will say what the dinner wear should be , Informal / Casual or Formal / Gala. there is no hard or fast rules about dressing up, you will see the whole sprectrum from top& pants to full evening gown for women and smart shirt & trousers to bow tie and dinner jacket.

You will not be the only ones in formal wear. Don't forget it is your cruise so do what makes you feel good.

One point as you have booked via Costa Spain you maybe sharing a table with Spanish speaking passengers. Try to see the Maitre 'D either beforethe first dinner or at least aftertwards to see if you have Spanish speakers and if you want to change to an English spaeaking table.

Thank you for your reply however Spanish speaking people would not be a problem although my Spanish is not brilliant. The last 2 holidays we have been on we have been the only English people.

Archived