Need tips or advice on bringing alcohol on board

Katagd

My husband wants to put vodka and coconut rum in water bottles. Is this a good idea or too risky? This is our first cruise so we don't really know the ropes. Any tips or advice would be appreciated. Put in carry on or luggage? We are traveling on Holiday.

There are many threads on this topic with various tips, etc. I think you should just leave them in the original bottles, wrap them in clothes and bags, and put them in your checked luggage. We did that and had no problems.

I'll second the "leave it in the original bottles" idea. We've brought our own several times and never had a problem. Washing out a mouthwash bottle and pouring in there seems like too much trouble.

We pack it in clothes or towels or a pillow my wife brings along.

I'm still waiting for my bar bill to go down... Oh no, that must mean I'm drinking more!!! ;)

I love Carnival's justification for stating that you are not allowed to bring your own alcohol on board: "to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board."

Yeah right. They might as well say "we prohibit you from bringing alcohol on board so we can gouge you into paying exorbitant prices for drinks at any one of our 50 convenient and professional full service bars."

Here's what I have to say to their "no alcohol" policy: 10_1_106.gif

Price Gouging? They're not any more expensive than my local bowling alley, bar, or restaurant. They're certainly less expensive than ANY hotel bar I've ever been at. Last summer we were by the pool at a large hotel in Vegas. We ordered two Bud Lights and two Vodka and Cranberry juice cocktails, (not even brand-name Vodka), and the bill was $28, without the tip. On the Glory last month the same 4 drinks was $18.40, and that included the Tip. Beers were $3.50 and mixed drinks $4.50. If that's gouging I'd like to know where you go to drink.

But, if you really have to bring your own, go for it. I'd rather not be sitting in my cabin making drinks, I can make my own at home.

Just put the liquor in your checked luggage. Buy plastic bottles, no glass, because you know what can happen. Slip the porter a $5, and it will turn up in your room, no problems. Done this on all 4 cruises, never had a problem.

The prices of the drinks on the ship are VERY reasonable compared to many bars, restaurants, hotels and resorts...

That being said, keep it in the original container in your checked luggage, wrapped in bubble wrap, or clothing...

I agree that the prices of the drinks arent higher than any other bar really... I usually do bring a bottle of rum to have drinks on our balcony, but we also buy drinks at the pool or at dinner etc.. we spend less per drink on a ship than we would in a night club or nice bar in Miami thats for sure...

But I second every one elses suggestion, try to get the plastic bottled version of your drink of choice if possible, wrap it well, and put it in with your clothes and you will be fine.

Archived