Questions about the Sea Princess????

robinm

I have a couple of questions and advice... Last year, my father passed away from lung cancer, and 2 daysbefore he died, he told me to take my mom on her dream cruise to Alaska. It was his intentions for their 45 anniversary, however that was not going to happen. He told me that he had a few bucks saved up and that I was to take it and book the cruise. Well, I did, and we are booked for June 2, 2012 Alaska Cruise. Would like to know any information about the inside cabins on the Rivera deck. I noticed that they are directly under buffet. Has anyone experienced good or bad with this cabin. Oh, it is interior. the catagory is II, is it good size for 3 peps? I have taken 7 cruises before, all with balcolny cabins, but taking my mom and 21 year old daughter for this trip and we got inside cabin.

My mom wanted to take rose petals and toss them over as a gesture to my dad, but I told her that I do not believe that she would be able to do this. Does anyone know the answer to this. I want to try to make this trip as memorable for her as possible for her, so any info/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ALso, if anyone has any pics, this will be my mom's first cruise. :)

Sorry if I have posted in wrong catagory.....

I don't know the answers to your questions as I will be taking my first princess cruise on the Sea Princess myself next month. I did want to say that this will be a wonderful way to honor your father and I hope that you and your mom have a wonderful time. If you still have questions unanswered, I'd be happy to find answers for you when I go next month.

I would think that Princess (and Alaska) would have no problem with the scattering of rose petals. Once onboard, you should talk to the Purser and let them know what you want to do. They should be able to help you out.

I would think that Princess (and Alaska) would have no problem with the scattering of rose petals. Once onboard, you should talk to the Purser and let them know what you want to do. They should be able to help you out.

I agree with Rick about talking to the purser. As far as your other question about the room, IMHO 3 people in an inside room on the Sea is a REALLY tight fit. I would do no more than two. Sea Princess cabins are a bit smaller than the newer ships. I love the itinerary of the 10 day Sea Princess to Alaska but definitely not my favorite ship.

This is a great tribute to your Dad. I hope you have a good cruise.

We were on the SeaP last Nov, Sydney to NZ. Had an inside cabin, friends had a balcony. Cabin size was much the same, but it was noticeable to all of us that the inside bathroom was larger than bathroom on balcony cabin. Plenty of storage space in both categories. We were happy with our choice. At night, after the dinner meals, the starboard side of the buffet was closed off every night, leaving the port side open for late snacks. Beautiful thought re the scattering of rose petals. I personally cannot see that this would be a problem, and agree with asking the purser....it is not like they are plastic or an environmental hazard.

Jen

I have a couple of questions and advice... Last year, my father passed away from lung cancer, and 2 daysbefore he died, he told me to take my mom on her dream cruise to Alaska. It was his intentions for their 45 anniversary, however that was not going to happen. He told me that he had a few bucks saved up and that I was to take it and book the cruise. Well, I did, and we are booked for June 2, 2012 Alaska Cruise. Would like to know any information about the inside cabins on the Rivera deck. I noticed that they are directly under buffet. Has anyone experienced good or bad with this cabin. Oh, it is interior. the catagory is II, is it good size for 3 peps? I have taken 7 cruises before, all with balcolny cabins, but taking my mom and 21 year old daughter for this trip and we got inside cabin.

My mom wanted to take rose petals and toss them over as a gesture to my dad, but I told her that I do not believe that she would be able to do this. Does anyone know the answer to this. I want to try to make this trip as memorable for her as possible for her, so any info/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ALso, if anyone has any pics, this will be my mom's first cruise. :)

Sorry if I have posted in wrong catagory.....

What a beautiful things to do. I have sailed on the Sea Princess on the same cruise you are doing back in 2010 and we loved it so much we are doing it again next month! You will have a fantastic time. I actually love the Sea Pricess. She's not too big and not to small. We also had an in side cabin. Last time and this time Both on the aloha deck. It was perfectly fine for us and probably would be for us and our daughter, if we were to bring her. I think three ladies could do it. We do not spend a lot of time in there anyways and we would rather have the extra money for excursions. I can't speak about the location of your room because I didn't have it. Have a wonderful time and don't stress about the accommodations! :D

We were on the Sea for a back to back in Dec. We had an inside under the buffet. Our cabin was basically under what would be near the centre of the area. Each mornig around 6 am there would be a loud noise like something was being dragged across the floor. This would last about 10 seconds. Other than that we did not hear anything else.

There are two cabin layouts for the insdie on this deck. If your cabin is off the main aisle, across from the balcony cabins it will be more squarish while the cabins that are more in the middle with acces off of the aisle running across the ship are longer and thinner, This second type is what we had. When the beds are setup twin style the gap in the middle between them makes it easy getting in and out but when the beds were pushed together the shape of the room leaves only a tight space on each outside of the beds.

We liked that deck overall because of the convience of acess to the pool area. Being high up and towards the bow can result in more movement in rough seas. The worst we had on our cruises was about 10 foot swells and we did not feel much movement.

Thank you so much for all of you input. I definately will plan on talking to the Pursers desk about the rose petals. I am glad I asked, as I had told my mom that I thought it was not allowed. As far as the cabin space, We will take it all in stride. :) I didn't think that we sould spend time but sleep in our cabin anyway! I know it will be a great trip. This is my first cruise with Princess, and I cannot wait.

We had cabin R337 (inside under buffet) last summer on Sea to Alaska and just loved it! We had 3 people (2 adults and 15 yr old). It's not spacious, but certainly can make it work. What we loved, as stated already, you're so close to the pool area you have outside space only steps away. Alaska is so amazing you won't want to be in the cabin any more than you have to anyway. Also those squarish cabins do have larger bathrooms including a larger shower as well. I certianly don't recall anyt buffet noise, but did hear the fog horn the last morning sailing back into SF!

I'm booked on the same Alaska cruise on June 2nd out of SFO.

This will be my second cruise on the Sea Princess, my first was a 15 day cruise from FLL to SFO two years ago. While I've not had experience with this specific cabin, I have nothing but good thoughts about the ship in general.

With this size ship, you don't think you'll need to call a taxi to go from one end of the ship to another. Nor will you find that the bow of the ship will be in one time zone, and the stern in another. These ideas are worries I have about sailing on one of the newer mega-ships.

Their pizzeria on the Dolphin deck is really good.

While the inside cabin is going to be a tight squeeze (pun intended), you can manage. After all, you'll most likely spend most of the days on one of the outside areas taking in the scenery.

Archived