How many times a day do prices change?

whisker2193

Just booked early saver for the first time and I already going nuts checking daily. Do the fares change multiple times daily like the airlines or just a couple times a week? I am sure we will never know for sure. Still with over 700 days until the cruise, I will go crazy! What's been your experience?

Saw the fare change 4 times with in 24 hours last week when I added a week to make it a Back2Back cruise. booked at noon for $829 showed it to my sister at 6 PM it was $939. checked the next morning it was down to $799 called carnival and got $60 refundedto my card, check again an hour later and it was up to $839. Yes checking at least 3 times a day has paid off, $600 off the final payment for the interior and $595.38 OBC (I had paid it off not thinking I would get any price drops) for the balcony on our 7/15 sailing.

Just booked early saver for the first time and I already going nuts checking daily. Do the fares change multiple times daily like the airlines or just a couple times a week? I am sure we will never know for sure. Still with over 700 days until the cruise, I will go crazy! What's been your experience?

Unanswerable question. Sometimes they don't change for months, sometimes they change multiple times in a day, just impossible to know.

I believe the reservations systems changes prices depending upon cabins available, and time until the ship cruises. So if a bunch of people book the cruises the same day, the price may go up. Well if noones really booking the cruises it may go down, or remain the same for months.

Unless a sale comes, then it may just go down because of the sale, or special.

I booked over 700 days out, and started right away checking prices almost once a day. I started seeing price drops about 170 days out and now I check prices 3 or 4 times a day. So are about 6 price drops (for a b2b). None of them major, but they all add up. I suspect you are not apt to see price drops for a while, but it can't help to keep an eye on it.

Carnival's pricing engine revisits all prices about every three hours to measure sales v. demand. If the sales are brisk prices may rise or at least stay the same. If the demand is weak prices will likely drop to bump up demand.

So, in answer to your question prices potentially could change eight times a day although that's not likely to happen. I have seen the prices for the same category cabin change three times in one day...

:)

Archived