San Pedro to LAX

panamatiger

Looking at a 12:45pm flight out of LAX back to the East Coast (MHT)

Prime time shuttle recommends pickup at the Terminal @ 9:45 am

Would have to get off the ship (Golden Princess RT Hawaii) probably by 8:45 am to get through customs. Any folks have experience with post noon flights?

Not looking forward to the Red Eye but it could give us an extra rest day in LA

panama

We just returned from our cruise on 4/14. We had a 1:45 PM flight out of LAX that afternoon. Our departure group was called around 10:00 AM I believe. When they give you your luggage tags, if you're not comfortable with the departure group time they give you, just go to the purser's desk and ask for an earlier time. We've done that before. Also, we used Super Shuttle. Neither Super Shuttle nor Prime Time requires a reservation to go back to the airport. They'll be lined up outside the terminal. Just get on one going to the airport. That's what we did. I hope this helps you.

I hope you have a better experience with PT. When we got off the Golden in January 2011, the curbside rep didn't have our name on his list (and this was exactly two weeks after PT sent our driver to the port to pick us up rather than our home:mad:). Whoever set up their dispatch list for the day made the same exact mistake but in reverse. The poor rep was also dealing with some other mistakes made with other customers. Very poor service all the way around.

Personally (given my experience), if I needed to get from the port to the airport, I wouldn't prebook with anyone and just jump on any shuttle going to the airport and pay at that time.

But an even better idea is to avoid flights before 1pm if possible. Even if the major 405 construction project is north of the airport, traffic south of there could still be affected.

Archived